onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Worse placed than last year

Jacko51

You help run a business, I ran a betting shop for a few years. I also suggest TisDeano that as you do not run a business you can't comment on how one works. You help run a business, aka you have a job.

There are a lot on here that do have their own businesses (including myself) who might not agree with you.

Advert

in the particular instance we were talking about i was being honest

rather than at the time gloating like some spotty kid at what went on you should have condemmed some of the actions, you didnt, your choice not mine

I still have not recieved an apology. Calling someone a racist when they are clearly not is bang out of order. I didn't hear any racism, the chants were "your just a town full of fatties". I would have thought my response on the Exodus situation at Accy was enough to clarify my stance on racism but clearly not.

I didn't gloat at anything, only said I enjoyed the ***** with the banner getting told to sit the **** down etc. He deserved it, we have been through this and there was no racism there. I will wait for an apology but doubt I will get one.

Back on topic, I am not surprised we are in a worse situation than we were last season. We didn't have a group of 'fans' protesting after every match at this stage in the season when alls that is needed is support.

I still have not recieved an apology. Calling someone a racist when they are clearly not is bang out of order. I didn't hear any racism, the chants were "your just a town full of fatties". I would have thought my response on the Exodus situation at Accy was enough to clarify my stance on racism but clearly not.

I didn't gloat at anything, only said I enjoyed the ***** with the banner getting told to sit the **** down etc. He deserved it, we have been through this and there was no racism there. I will wait for an apology but doubt I will get one.

Back on topic, I am not surprised we are in a worse situation than we were last season. We didn't have a group of 'fans' protesting after every match at this stage in the season when alls that is needed is support.

WV, you read the thread, you saw the comments I put about some of the chants/comments.....you still chose to gloat, your decision not mine and absolutely no apology from me.

back on topic, we are worse off as we have no craig davies like we did the latter half of last season......;)

Give it a rest, you're pathetic. First you blame Richards being injured, then you blame the fans! Take a look at the bigger picture. The reason we are worse off now than last season is NOT the fans and NOT Marc Richards. It is down to losing our manager, and the board making a major error in his replacement. That has shown in the diminishing attendances, poor performances and failure to move forward.

The blame rests with the board. Anyone who tries to blame the fans is either stupid or on a wind up. I make no apologies for saying that.

I notice as well that when pointed out the board aren't capable of running a business, you didn't challenge that, instead choosing to have digs at the fans. Says it all.

WV ,without actually admitting it , the tone of your posts somewhat indicates that you support the current Board and think they are doing a good job .

Genuine questions here with no antagonism intended :

What do you feel they are doing well & how optimistic for the future are you that they can move us forward as you stated in a previous post that you would like to see ?

If you jointly ran a business with these people would you be comfortable with the manner in which they conduct themselves and the level of performance they have produced since being in control ?

Give it a rest, you're pathetic. First you blame Richards being injured, then you blame the fans! Take a look at the bigger picture. The reason we are worse off now than last season is NOT the fans and NOT Marc Richards. It is down to losing our manager, and the board making a major error in his replacement. That has shown in the diminishing attendances, poor performances and failure to move forward.

Twitters in abusing the poster not the post shocker!

The thing is, none of what you say is FACT as you like to put it. You can blame it on losing our manager, not giving the replacement enough time due to fan pressure but also you can say that all the unrest caused by fans like you has not helped.

The thing is, none of what you say is FACT as you like to put it. You can blame it on losing our manager, not giving the replacement enough time due to fan pressure but also you can say that all the unrest caused by fans like you has not helped.

What I dont understand is that you will jump on any excuse to knock those wanting change, often with very little to back yourself up, yet when the likes of Bratt offer up on a plate time and again, good reason to question the way they run the club, the likes of yourself, markieG et al are noticeably silent.

WV ,without actually admitting it , the tone of your posts somewhat indicates that you support the current Board and think they are doing a good job .

Genuine questions here with no antagonism intended :

What do you feel they are doing well & how optimistic for the future are you that they can move us forward as you stated in a previous post that you would like to see ?

If you jointly ran a business with these people would you be comfortable with the manner in which they conduct themselves and the level of performance they have produced since being in control ?

I wouldn't say the board are doing a good job. I also wouldn't say that they are the devil either as many on here seem to think. I think they have the ability to take us forward, just not very far forward. League 1 at best I would say. I don't think the pressure from Mo and his supporters has helped our season on the pitch at all. I also think that the board could have conducted themselves in a more professional manner with regards to the bids. I can however fully understand why Bratt would not want to sell to Mo given Bratts mining past and Mo's mining past.

No you can't say that as we've won games when the fans have protested and have won the ONLY match when there was a protest during the game. We were protesting long before Micky left and results hadn't got worse so there isn't any evidence to link the protests to the downturn in form. There is however clear evidence to link it to Jim Gannon and his appointment.

As for abusing the posters, you jumped on people's back with the snide dig about running a business, yet when questioned on your views you didn't reply. So I think before you have a go at others for jumping on posters back, take a look at yourself.

I'll ask for a third time, do you agree that the board have proven they cannot run a business due to the finances, the lowering attendances and the lower positioning of the football club since when they took over?

People keep going on about these teams.

Blackpool, massive club in the 50s, provided players for the English national team, won the FA Cup. We never have been as big a club as Blackpool and never will be.

Stoke, a team that had a bad 20 years from the mid 80s but now are back where they have been before

Bradford, a team that has been to the premier league, a team that has won the FA Cup and a team that regularly gets 10000 a week in the ground despite playing bottom division football.

Anyone who thinks these teams are comparable to Vale are wrong. Try Crewe, Walsall and teams of that stature. I like the thought of us doing well but some people are on cloud cuckoo land with their ideals of where we should be.

Blackpool massive club in the 50's! That was 60 years ago, in the more recent past they have been a small town club with less support than the Vale playing in a crumbling stadium in a crumby Town that was once big in the 1920's 30's 40's and 50's but has since declined to be a shythole. Please do not think or try and intimate that Port Vale could not be as big as Blackppol of the 70,s, 80, 90, and most of the early part of the 21st century because for a number of these years we were a bigger club both in support and league status.

Ditto Bradford, until their premiership stint a team that played at or below our level and got attendances on a par with us for many years. A stint in the premiership under Richmond and they have since held on to some of that support with the aid of cheap prices. Again we could be as big or bigger than they have been/are.

I will add to the mix Fulham, Wigan, Charlton, Reading, Cardiff, Swansea, to name a few. All teams that we have been on a par with or above and better supported than during the last 20 years.

Archived