onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Worse placed than last year

Jacko51

I think it was Santa who pointed out that our points total after 42 games is worse than last year's. I looked at last year's league table after 42 and we were only two points off a play off spot then with a much better goal difference than the seventh placed team. I heard Geoff Horsfield on RS saying we were better placed than last year. Glad he's got his finger on the pulse!! :D

Advert

I think it was Santa who pointed out that our points total after 42 games is worse than last year's. I looked at last year's league table after 42 and we were only two points off a play off spot then with a much better goal difference than the seventh placed team. I heard Geoff Horsfield on RS saying we were better placed than last year. Glad he's got his finger on the pulse!! :D

But Jacko don't .you know we improve year after year according to someone?

Well when Bratt cut £130,000 from the first team budget it is ever likely that they would be in a worse position than last season.

Or to put it another way if Bratt hadn't cut £130,000 from the first team budget and Adams had been able to sign Craig Davies instead of Justin Richards and get Danny Whitaker then we might have been a tad better placed.....they have got 38 goals between them this season and Adams wanted to sign them and said that with Davies and Whitaker Vale would

go up as Champions......Chesterfield are instead.

Horsfield doesn't really seem bright enough to be a manager although Horsfield is not a nobody as he has a swimming pool.

Well when Bratt cut £130,000 from the first team budget it is ever likely that they would be in a worse position than last season.

Or to put it another way if Bratt hadn't cut £130,000 from the first team budget and Adams had been able to sign Craig Davies instead of Justin Richards and get Danny Whitaker then we might have been a tad better placed.....they have got 38 goals between them this season and Adams wanted to sign them and said that with Davies and Whitaker Vale would

go up as Champions......Chesterfield are instead.

Horsfield doesn't really seem bright enough to be a manager although Horsfield is not a nobody as he has a swimming pool.

Yes because Davies was amazing when he was here wasn't he. :rolleyes:

Yes because Davies was amazing when he was here wasn't he. :rolleyes:

Far better than we have now yes! I couldn't believe at the time that some would have prefered rigg up front, and despite the evidence this season, people still come out with this garbage. Check our form last season from when Davies came to us. It speaks for itself.

I think the fact him and Rico didn't get on had a lot to do with him not being signed up, plus the fact he wanted £2500 a week. Shall we just ignore the wage budget and take a massive gamble on these sort of players? Is that how some of you would run a football club. Missing Rico for a few months is what has cost us, not having Davies didn't matter when we were top did it?

I think the fact him and Rico didn't get on had a lot to do with him not being signed up, plus the fact he wanted £2500 a week. Shall we just ignore the wage budget and take a massive gamble on these sort of players? Is that how some of you would run a football club. Missing Rico for a few months is what has cost us, not having Davies didn't matter when we were top did it?

Appointing Jim Gannon and the board not providing funds for a replacement for Richards is what cost us, nothing to do with Rico's injury. Under Gannon we were still losing even with Rico in the team.

Chesterfield have taken a gamble. Do you think they regret that?

You never know, depends how they fare next season. If a massive chunk of their wage budget is used up on one player and they come straight back down because they couldn't afford to strengthen in other areas then perhaps they may regret it.

Do you think if we go up via playoffs it matters? I don't remember many people being too upset when we didn't sign him up anyway.

If it's the difference between going no where and promotion I'd have paid it! If Chesterfield can afford that kind of lolly, we should be able to. They are no bigger a club than us(in fact I'd say smaller history wise), oh sorry I forget they actually have a chairman who speculates to accumulate, and probably have a marketing department in their new stadium that brings in more!

You never know, depends how they fare next season. If a massive chunk of their wage budget is used up on one player and they come straight back down because they couldn't afford to strengthen in other areas then perhaps they may regret it.

Do you think if we go up via playoffs it matters? I don't remember many people being too upset when we didn't sign him up anyway.

thing is though they allowed a new investor on board

interestingly he was not a chesterfield fan at all, new stadium and double the wage bill @ vale - now thats interesting

Well it won't be his contract, it expires at the end of this season and talk is he is moving on!

Archived