Daniel Jones Signs

valiant_593

Advert:

No issue at all. Adam does deserve his place in the team though and would prefer him over Duffy at the moment. You can also rely on Adam lasting 90 minutes, whereas when Duffy plays you have to keep one of your subs back in case he tires, which has happened too many times for me.

Duffy supposed to be an excellent Cb. When he first came to us i checked out the Exeter site & they were saying don't play him at Rb as he is "gash" there. They're probably right & we haven't seen the best of Duffy in his preferred position?

Maybe, Jones Lb, Yates Rb & Duffy & Purse at Cb maybe worth a look?

Duffy supposed to be an excellent Cb. When he first came to us i checked out the Exeter site & they were saying don't play him at Rb as he is "gash" there. They're probably right & we haven't seen the best of Duffy in his preferred position?

Maybe, Jones Lb, Yates Rb & Duffy & Purse at Cb maybe worth a look?

Duffy showed his versatility at Walsall when played at CB and was "gash" there as well.

Advert:

Do not forget it is also about numbers, we need to cover injuries and loss of form. Also variations in formation to stifle or gain advantage over other teams. Some players will always be on the teamsheet, but injuries do happen, and we have been lucky so far, I am happier now the squad has been strengthened. Some players fit in better than others, but there are no guarantees.

Well done to the board. They've shown nothing but professionalism, intent and ambition.

This is what we stood outside protesting for, taking abuse off other supporters, whilst being largely ignored by local media, until the tide turned in our favour. Bill Bratt said there was no one out there wanting to buy the club / pump money in. Glenn Oliver said Vale fans didn't know how lucky they were... or something similar.

And as I said about a year ago, the board room circus was presenting itself on the pitch before administration hit - with the players pratting about not really giving a crap. Recently when I've been you see the opposite, the players well coached and organise by a team of professionals leading pre-match drills.

Whether or not the game goes ahead, the messages being sent out by the board will help win promotion this season. 40/1 start of the season to win the league - I wonder what we are now?

As low as 11/8 to win the league, 1/7 for promotion, 1/6 Popey to be top scorer.......Sweet.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely different class yet again. What an amazing signing this lad is.

Not seen a player as fit as him for a while, up and down then pitch all game and puts an unbelievable ball into the danger areas.

To get experience like purse, Hughes and jones is what's going to take us over the line.

Keep it going jonesy lad, pure quality.

Advert:

Archived