onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Daniel Jones Signs

valiant_593

Advert

An attacking pacey left back who likes to overlap will make the opposition rethink their tactics when they come to Vale Park now. No longer will teams simply just double up on Vincent to stifle him as they have someone else to think about.

I thought pretty much the same with the signing of Hughes as people were simply doubling up on Pope every game.

Giving the opposition plenty of headaches about how to try and shackle us, I like it!

daniel jones is 6 foot 2 according to fifa with a bit of pace. our defence should be a brick with this lad in the back four with chilvers purse and yates

So you think Duffy will be the fall guy?

I hope the people who say he's poor defensively are wrong. A left back who can't defend, now when was the last time we had a proper left back who could defend?

As someone said earlier, in many ways Jones sounds a bit like Taylor.

However, I know he used to be regarded as a real prospect when he was younger and it's completely different in the Championship to Div Two. He should be able to cope easily and his extra height/strength is exactly what you need at this level.

He's young-ish too so hopefully can improve.

And let's face it, any player joining us now must be thrilled to bits with the prospect of chasing promotion, if not the title. These lads are not joining a struggling outfit and have every chance of doing well and starting August in Div 1.

Hopefully a good signing , the positive for me at this stage is that he's a left back and not somebody who can 'play left back'.

For too long now we've had people 'filling in' some have done a decent job , plenty havn't , but if we're going to progress we need better quality playing in their natural positions .

We now have a chance to do this and our new owners seem to be going about it in a very professional manner .

What a refreshing change , get on board folks , accept what they are doing and give 'em a chance.

No one should be moaning about anything at the moment or has it just become a habit ?

Well done to the board. They've shown nothing but professionalism, intent and ambition.

This is what we stood outside protesting for, taking abuse off other supporters, whilst being largely ignored by local media, until the tide turned in our favour. Bill Bratt said there was no one out there wanting to buy the club / pump money in. Glenn Oliver said Vale fans didn't know how lucky they were... or something similar.

And as I said about a year ago, the board room circus was presenting itself on the pitch before administration hit - with the players pratting about not really giving a crap. Recently when I've been you see the opposite, the players well coached and organise by a team of professionals leading pre-match drills.

Whether or not the game goes ahead, the messages being sent out by the board will help win promotion this season. 40/1 start of the season to win the league - I wonder what we are now?

Well done to the board. They've shown nothing but professionalism, intent and ambition.

This is what we stood outside protesting for, taking abuse off other supporters, whilst being largely ignored by local media, until the tide turned in our favour. Bill Bratt said there was no one out there wanting to buy the club / pump money in. Glenn Oliver said Vale fans didn't know how lucky they were... or something similar.

And as I said about a year ago, the board room circus was presenting itself on the pitch before administration hit - with the players pratting about not really giving a crap. Recently when I've been you see the opposite, the players well coached and organise by a team of professionals leading pre-match drills.

Whether or not the game goes ahead, the messages being sent out by the board will help win promotion this season. 40/1 start of the season to win the league - I wonder what we are now?

I took 5/2 a month ago to be champions. They are presently 7/4 on Betfair.

For promotion only they are now 1/4.

Well said, I could not put it better myself!

The difference in the club from 12 months ago is remarkable, almost a miracle, no it is a miracle! The next 5 years could be very enjoyable inddeed!!

So you think Duffy will be the fall guy?

I hope the people who say he's poor defensively are wrong. A left back who can't defend, now when was the last time we had a proper left back who could defend?

I hope he plays Yates over Duffy I have always liked yates but we don't know if this new guy is any good yet I hope he is. Duffy is a good player so I think he will mix it up a bit with Duffy playing one week and Yates the next

Archived