onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Daniel Jones Signs

valiant_593

It makes me laugh that people have been slating Yates on here for years and now some think he is the best thing since slice bread. Yes he has played well recently but I would if I knew That I was out of contract at the end of the season and that better players were coming in. Yates is average at best and is not a league 1 player. Duffy has and can play at a higher level and so can Daniel Jones. Yates is now a back up end of.

Advert

First class positive response. WHy can't some OVF contributors relax in the knowledge that we are now in safe hands. Onwards and upwards.

Well said, I could not put it better myself!

The difference in the club from 12 months ago is remarkable, almost a miracle, no it is a miracle! The next 5 years could be very enjoyable inddeed!!

I'm glad we've signed a left back, Yates and Duffy can now fight it out for the right back slot.

I'm sure they will both get games until the end of the season and it's good we have competition in areas all over the pitch now.

Yates has done great these last three or four games and well done. I think jones in at left back will strengthen us much more though for the final push.

Looking like a good strong squad now with the likes of morsy, birchall, dodds all on the bench...

It makes me laugh that people have been slating Yates on here for years and now some think he is the best thing since slice bread. Yes he has played well recently but I would if I knew That I was out of contract at the end of the season and that better players were coming in. Yates is average at best and is not a league 1 player. Duffy has and can play at a higher level and so can Daniel Jones. Yates is now a back up end of.

No he's not if he's in form and the best option surely he plays the game.

Yates has been a scapegoat.

He has his limitations but he has been a great servant for this club especially given he signed when it all started kicking off.

No issue at all. Adam does deserve his place in the team though and would prefer him over Duffy at the moment. You can also rely on Adam lasting 90 minutes, whereas when Duffy plays you have to keep one of your subs back in case he tires, which has happened too many times for me.

Duffy supposed to be an excellent Cb. When he first came to us i checked out the Exeter site & they were saying don't play him at Rb as he is "gash" there. They're probably right & we haven't seen the best of Duffy in his preferred position?

Maybe, Jones Lb, Yates Rb & Duffy & Purse at Cb maybe worth a look?

Duffy supposed to be an excellent Cb. When he first came to us i checked out the Exeter site & they were saying don't play him at Rb as he is "gash" there. They're probably right & we haven't seen the best of Duffy in his preferred position?

Maybe, Jones Lb, Yates Rb & Duffy & Purse at Cb maybe worth a look?

Duffy showed his versatility at Walsall when played at CB and was "gash" there as well.

Do not forget it is also about numbers, we need to cover injuries and loss of form. Also variations in formation to stifle or gain advantage over other teams. Some players will always be on the teamsheet, but injuries do happen, and we have been lucky so far, I am happier now the squad has been strengthened. Some players fit in better than others, but there are no guarantees.

Well done to the board. They've shown nothing but professionalism, intent and ambition.

This is what we stood outside protesting for, taking abuse off other supporters, whilst being largely ignored by local media, until the tide turned in our favour. Bill Bratt said there was no one out there wanting to buy the club / pump money in. Glenn Oliver said Vale fans didn't know how lucky they were... or something similar.

And as I said about a year ago, the board room circus was presenting itself on the pitch before administration hit - with the players pratting about not really giving a crap. Recently when I've been you see the opposite, the players well coached and organise by a team of professionals leading pre-match drills.

Whether or not the game goes ahead, the messages being sent out by the board will help win promotion this season. 40/1 start of the season to win the league - I wonder what we are now?

As low as 11/8 to win the league, 1/7 for promotion, 1/6 Popey to be top scorer.......Sweet.

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely different class yet again. What an amazing signing this lad is.

Not seen a player as fit as him for a while, up and down then pitch all game and puts an unbelievable ball into the danger areas.

To get experience like purse, Hughes and jones is what's going to take us over the line.

Keep it going jonesy lad, pure quality.

Archived