onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Supporters club committee

geosname

Advert

To be candid anyone who was in neither of these camps was in my opinion both apathetic and rather uncaring of Port Vale and not fit in my opinion to serve on the new SC committee.

OS you are wasting your time trying to be logical with someone who is in a world of fantasy.

I sincerely hope that all of the folk on here who have commented will be bothered enough to attend the AGM and hopefully elect good and forward minded people on to the Committee. Other wise it is pure 'hot air'. For my money we need a vibrant SC to attract 'bums on seats' at meetings. I was one of the 20 or so who attended last year's AGM. This was prior to the surge of interest after Vale went into admin.

What I am trying to say is that we need a Committee of vision to attract Vale fans to attend meeting by dangling a'carrot' to make folk want to attend meetings instead of sitting at home watching 'The Champions League'.

I believe that the Supporters Club can be a great thing for the club but it needs the best people in the positions and not just those who put themselves up for election. With no disrespect to anyone of them we need the right candidates in situ. This is imperitive or the SC will be back to the handful of supporters turning up and if this is the case we would be better 'wrapping it up' and turning the lights out.

Angry people are really easy to motivate to attend meetings but in 'times of peace' then the job is much harder.

Lets hope that the right people either 'step up' or are 'dragged up' to 'the plate!'. The Supporters Club's' future depends upon it.:encouragement:

RZ - I'm still waiting for a reply as to why you are so touchy about the question I asked about away travel?

I didn't think i was in any way touchy about the away travel. The existing set up seems fine to me on the occasions I have used it. Maybe the Supporters Club should focus on something which needs attention, although I am not sure what to recommend.

RZ - you accused me of moaning when all I'd done was ask the question who actually organises the away travel - the club, the vols group, A.N. Other.

All I'm saying is that to continue with a plethora of seperate groups will never work whereas all groups being part of the SC would make for a very strong group in having all the intelligence in the same pot.

Just to confirm (especially to those who have crinkle cuts on their shoulders) that no one from NLV will be nominating themselves in any capacity (as far as I am aware) for any role in the SC it would be illogical to do so, we are in essence a branch of the SC anyway. No one in any of the groups had personal agendas and it seems absurd that the same individuals cannot move forward like the vast majority of fans and enjoy what the alternative has become.

Also as a caveat, many people in NLV as well as other groups and individuals are down hundreds if not thousands trying do what they thought was democratically right for to the benefit of the club which we unfortunately still get verbal abuse for from a minority of dim wits. We have now sank back into our usual positions of enjoying the company of other Vale fans in the south east, which is what we were originally set up to be. We have zero inclination for club politics or agendas just supporting the Vale from afar. Our differences within the NLV committee and wider membership has all been forgotten, it's about time those folk who insist on raking this nonsense up did the same.

Time to swallow the pride and grudges and support all aspects of the club irrelevant of the past two years or so even if it those you didn't agree with in the past.

RZ - you accused me of moaning when all I'd done was ask the question who actually organises the away travel - the club, the vols group, A.N. Other.

All I'm saying is that to continue with a plethora of seperate groups will never work whereas all groups being part of the SC would make for a very strong group in having all the intelligence in the same pot.

I don't remember accusing anyone of moaning actually...

Archived