Owen gone

PVTony

Advert:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Advert:

Advert:

I'm delighted that the more recent posters on here are acknowledging his contribution to the Club during very difficult times.

Thank goodness some folk realise what he has done for the Club and credit where it's due.

I think it's unfair to suggest that he can't cut it in the league. I suspect injuries and a lack of first team action recently have necessarily meant that he hasn't been up to speed. But a fully fit Gareth Owen is as good as a McDonald or a Chilvers or a McCombe for me as his past playing history proves. I wish him well and hope he finds a league club as his know-how and experience should be utilised by someone.

Great pro and a superb ambassador for the Club as far as I can tell. Good luck!

Agree with many other posters on here with regards to Owen. Thought he was a decent player for us and quality for this level during an 18 month spell (during Adams first spell in charge of us).

However during the past year or so his game and performances have since dropped at quite an alarming rate to be honest.:unsure: Very similar scenario to players down the Vale in recent years such as Craig James, Tony Dinning (both during their loan spells) etc in that they went from being quality players for us during a brief period to then becoming awful.

In fariness to Owen, he performed to a higher level for a longer period during his time at Vale than the above two players I mentioned. Good luck to him.

I wish him all the best in his next move,like already been said,he had a huge role in keeping a solid defence when we first came,and his role at keeping things calm in the dressing room when everything was falling to bit around them.

Top class bloke and pro..credit to the game.

Hear hear!

He has earned respect and fully deserves it. I'll be glad to see him at Vale Park any time, he did as much for us off the pitch as on it. Just a pity his time with us has seen him fade into the background rather than get a bit of a send off from the fans.

Advert:

Archived