onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe fans already on their high horse

Valiant in Brum

Ignore Crewe, they've got a small place and small club syndrome. They like to think they can assert themselves above Vale and create some sort of rivalry with us. They hate us, but really it's just insecurity. They are a tiny club who have managed to punch above their weight for 20+ years due to a very sound business model of creating and selling young talent. They do not have the infastructure and fan base to ever be a big club, which we do have, but unfortuantely due to poor performance on and off the pitch over the last decade or so, we have fallen well short of where we should be.

Crewe Alex is a nuisance 'rival' reflective of how far this club has fallen. We'll shake them off eventually and they can renew their rivalry with Macclesfield.

Advert

Crewe fans are funny. At least we are employing this bloke after he has committed his offence and done his time. Unlike them!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/football-coach-who-abused-boys-is-jailed-for-nine-years-hy-1162357.html

I was at Stoke SOE when Bennell was there around 92/93. Spent a pre season with the Stone Domino's youth team. We'd be in a group of 30+ kids aged 11/12, taken to hostel's in derbyshire etc. Brilliant football coach, but when I heard what he'd been doing I wasn't surprised. We'd be taken out late at night in mini buses and told ghost stories etc get us all s**t scared. I never saw anything happen, but apparently this was a tactic he used to get kids to stay with him. A lot of people trusted that bloke with their kids, and he turned out to be scum of the highest order.

As for Crewe, their fans' have serious delusions of grandeur. They love their self imposed image and believe they're a cut above. Now when it comes to debating attendances and size of club with them, that's when their delusions become laughable. Some of them are completely brainwashed. On their vital forum one bloke has used attendances over the last 12 seasons as a basis to argue they're bigger than us. He fails to recognise that of those 12 seasons, Crewe have spent 5 in the Championship getting regular away crowds of 2.3k at Gresty Road (similar to what we take to them, and they NEVER bring to us), and we have spent 0 seasons in the Championship during that time. Not including this season, 12 seasons is between 00/01 and 11/12. On boxing day they took 800 to tranmere followed a few days later by 500 odd to Oldham. They're doing well in the lague above, and get shocking followings like that, and still claim they're bigger than us.

Great youth system and youth facilities, beyond that they're tinpot in every sense of the word.

I was at Stoke SOE when Bennell was there around 92/93. Spent a pre season with the Stone Domino's youth team. We'd be in a group of 30+ kids aged 11/12, taken to hostel's in derbyshire etc. Brilliant football coach, but when I heard what he'd been doing I wasn't surprised. We'd be taken out late at night in mini buses and told ghost stories etc get us all s**t scared. I never saw anything happen, but apparently this was a tactic he used to get kids to stay with him. A lot of people trusted that bloke with their kids, and he turned out to be scum of the highest order.

As for Crewe, their fans' have serious delusions of grandeur. They love their self imposed image and believe they're a cut above. Now when it comes to debating attendances and size of club with them, that's when their delusions become laughable. Some of them are completely brainwashed. On their vital forum one bloke has used attendances over the last 12 seasons as a basis to argue they're bigger than us. He fails to recognise that of those 12 seasons, Crewe have spent 5 in the Championship getting regular away crowds of 2.3k at Gresty Road (similar to what we take to them, and they NEVER bring to us), and we have spent 0 seasons in the Championship during that time. Not including this season, 12 seasons is between 00/01 and 11/12. On boxing day they took 800 to tranmere followed a few days later by 500 odd to Oldham. They're doing well in the lague above, and get shocking followings like that, and still claim they're bigger than us.

Great youth system and youth facilities, beyond that they're tinpot in every sense of the word.

I posted a link on their website during a debate on such things showing attendances over time, but it was deleted, then changed to 'I am gay', then I was banned. Laughable site. Obviously, football only began 12 years ago!

I posted a link on their website during a debate on such things showing attendances over time, but it was deleted, then changed to 'I am gay', then I was banned. Laughable site. Obviously, football only began 12 years ago!

My response to this thread is that I don't hate Crewe as a football club, actually really admire how they've gone about there work over the last 30 years or so. Throroughly respect Dario as a coach and someone who'd I'd like to one day learn from in the game, his approach is uncanny for lower league football. He took one of the smallest clubs in the league at the time to the second division and kept them there for periods of time, all based around a quality youth system purveying technical excellence, usually a rare commodity in the lower leagues, on this score I do actually find Crewe quite an admirable club. The thing that does grate on me concerning Crewe is the sheer childishness of some of there fans, half expected some of them to come on praise and grumble going nah nah nah ner after they got promoted, cause they always have to slip some belittling comment about Vale in on P+G. Some of the prepubescent views on that forum only emphasize this. Theres footy banter then theres just some of the childishness you get of Crewe fans. Really don't do the image of their club any good, which could be better even still (spose it is slightly bias from our perspective).

My response to this thread is that I don't hate Crewe as a football club, actually really admire how they've gone about there work over the last 30 years or so. Throroughly respect Dario as a coach and someone who'd I'd like to one day learn from in the game, his approach is uncanny for lower league football. He took one of the smallest clubs in the league at the time to the second division and kept them there for periods of time, all based around a quality youth system purveying technical excellence, usually a rare commodity in the lower leagues, on this score I do actually find Crewe quite an admirable club. The thing that does grate on me concerning Crewe is the sheer childishness of some of there fans, half expected some of them to come on praise and grumble going nah nah nah ner after they got promoted, cause they always have to slip some belittling comment about Vale in on P+G. Some of the prepubescent views on that forum only emphasize this. Theres footy banter then theres just some of the childishness you get of Crewe fans. Really don't do the image of their club any good, which could be better even still (spose it is slightly bias from our perspective).

Pretty much describes my thoughts on this too.

Just had a quick look through that forum,it makes funny reading, one thing that caught my eye was the anti Radio Stoke rants,quite hilarious:laugh:

In fairness there are more than enough of those on here!!

On the subject of Hughes can people honestly say there wouldn't be a thread on him if he was signing for Crewe with a lot more comments than on there tinpot message board. He's a truly horrible individual who will always court controversy. Remember all the stick he got when County came to Vale in their promotion winning season?

On another point people seem to be getting carried away thinking we will be above them / in the Championship soon. Let's take one step at a time and secure promotion first. Hope Micky and the players have their feet firmly on the ground (though it is nice to dream!).

Ah bless them! They make me laugh, I thought it was funny on P&G on Saturday when one fan rang up and said the average age in the Gresty Road end was 12 or 13! Exactly how I see Crewe supporters, their fans are either kids or part-timers who also support Man Utd and Liverpool. You don't come across too many people in life when you chat to a stranger about football who are self confessed Crewe fans do you?

Ah bless them! They make me laugh, I thought it was funny on P&G on Saturday when one fan rang up and said the average age in the Gresty Road end was 12 or 13! Exactly how I see Crewe supporters, their fans are either kids or part-timers who also support Man Utd and Liverpool. You don't come across too many people in life when you chat to a stranger about football who are self confessed Crewe fans do you?

I've only ever met one but even he's gone quiet recently.

Archived