onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Some Sjoke fans think pope is worth a punt

1977Valiant

You won't find me getting carried away however there is no reason Pope can't produce similar form in League one. Unlikely he's make a big impact at championship level and zero chance of him doing the business in the premiership. However for port Vale he is priceless and fast becoming a legend in the Jones, Foyle, Guppy mould.

Advert

You won't find me getting carried away however there is no reason Pope can't produce similar form in League one. Unlikely he's make a big impact at championship level and zero chance of him doing the business in the premiership. However for port Vale he is priceless and fast becoming a legend in the Jones, Foyle, Guppy mould.

In a nutshell

If Sidibe can play in the Prem then why not Popey, I am not saying he is or isn't Prem quality. All I am merely stating is that you dont have to be a prolific goalscorer for 10 seasons straight to get a crack at the nut.

If Sidibe can play in the Prem then why not Popey, I am not saying he is or isn't Prem quality. All I am merely stating is that you dont have to be a prolific goalscorer for 10 seasons straight to get a crack at the nut.

Again....Sidibe did play for many years in The Championship and proved he could handle it there.

Thats 2 leagues up from Pope who may or may not be able to handle it but at 28 and unproven for many years i doubt a club at that level would take a chance ?

Again....Sidibe did play for many years in The Championship and proved he could handle it there.

Thats 2 leagues up from Pope who may or may not be able to handle it but at 28 and unproven for many years i doubt a club at that level would take a chance ?

What do you mean proved he could handle himself? Because I know your not on about his goalscoring record. And in all fairness Popey has played in the league above, and proved himself thats why Rotherham bought him. Just like to know how you can say Sidibe has proved himself, in what way has he proved he can handle it? And Popey is 27, Sidibie was 30 before he got his Premiership debut.

What do you mean proved he could handle himself? Because I know your not on about his goalscoring record. And in all fairness Popey has played in the league above, and proved himself thats why Rotherham bought him. Just like to know how you can say Sidibe has proved himself, in what way has he proved he can handle it? And Popey is 27, Sidibie was 30 before he got his Premiership debut.

He wasnt out of his depth mate.....i,m not for one moment saying Pope would be but for 9 years he has done nowt so on the basis of 3 months a Championship club would not pay big money for him?

If they did it would be something like £100k down and with add on clauses inserted for appearances and goals etc ?

He wasnt out of his depth mate.....i,m not for one moment saying Pope would be but for 9 years he has done nowt so on the basis of 3 months a Championship club would not pay big money for him?

If they did it would be something like £100k down and with add on clauses inserted for appearances and goals etc ?

Im not saying he will go to a championship team and do well/or not do well. Alls I am trying to do is point out that Strikers don't have to be prolific to be good. Popey last season not prolific but the majority of decent football fans could see he was a good player. The difference is if you don't find the back of the net on a regular basis as a striker fans ain't happy. If Popey stays as our main striker he will do it next season in League 1. Popey is a player who will create chances for the other strikers when the team plays 2 up top, but not score many. Like Crewe Pope/Maynard, Rotherham Pope/Le Fondre and at the Vale Pope/Richards. This season ain't lucky its down to hard work and the fact he is our main Striker so he is getting the chances you expect a striker get.

Im not saying he will go to a championship team and do well/or not do well. Alls I am trying to do is point out that Strikers don't have to be prolific to be good. Popey last season not prolific but the majority of decent football fans could see he was a good player. The difference is if you don't find the back of the net on a regular basis as a striker fans ain't happy. If Popey stays as our main striker he will do it next season in League 1. Popey is a player who will create chances for the other strikers when the team plays 2 up top, but not score many. Like Crewe Pope/Maynard, Rotherham Pope/Le Fondre and at the Vale Pope/Richards. This season ain't lucky its down to hard work and the fact he is our main Striker so he is getting the chances you expect a striker get.

And thats fine but he has a long way to go to be as consistent as say Marc Richards who nobody out of the bottom 2 leagues has taken a gamble on ?

Opinions eh

Werrington,

I've heard a Championship club has offered £400K but in all honesty I don't see Popey going anywhere this season and if we are promoted then I think he would simply look for an improved contract at the Vale and see how we fayre next season.

BTW when you consider what he is worth please tell me what talent Andy Carroll has got that Popey hasn't? Incidentally have you seen Pope play?

Werrington,

I've heard a Championship club has offered £400K but in all honesty I don't see Popey going anywhere this season and if we are promoted then I think he would simply look for an improved contract at the Vale and see how we fayre next season.

BTW when you consider what he is worth please tell me what talent Andy Carroll has got that Popey hasn't? Incidentally have you seen Pope play?

Yes i have seen Pope play

Are you serious about Pope and Andy Carroll??.......Jeez

Archived