4 or 5 more signings

PVTony

Advert:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we have Purse/Chilvers/McCombe at centre back we're going nowhere. All the opposition would need to do is play a pacey striker and we'd be all over the place.

For me we need -

An established left back (to allow Loft to play in midfield)

A mobile centre back

Another winger (to take the pressure off JMW and Vinny, they can't be 8/10 every game)

If we have Purse/Chilvers/McCombe at centre back we're going nowhere. All the opposition would need to do is play a pacey striker and we'd be all over the place.

For me we need -

Mccombe and purse would get us out of this league easily. Its not all about pace if the centre half has experience and knows where to stand. Until mccombe is fit I do worry though, as im not a lover of chilvers and mcdonald is just garbage. The one position we certainly dont need is another winger, if vincent and JMW dont play well then we have to find ways around that, (passing through the middle) rather than signing another winger, for me taylor is that back up player and is good enough to be back up. We need a left back but I would certainly purchase a striker with pace. Adams dosent want to pick Williamson for whatever reason and we do at times lack pace, especially when andrew plays. Birchall and Purse are a brilliant start though.

A mobile centre back

Another winger (to take the pressure off JMW and Vinny, they can't be 8/10 every game)

For me we need -

A mobile centre back

What nonesense.

We are second in the league with the squad we have got at the moment.

Yes you point about pacey men upfront is correct, but how many teams have that quality, and when lofty plays at the back we do much better.

Obviously any bodies we bring in need to be better or different than what we have to give us the options we need to come back from situations like Saturday, Chesterfield and Gills.

But we already have a team capeable of automatic promotion so any additions are a bonus!

Advert:

For me we need -

A mobile centre back

Mccombe and purse would get us out of this league easily. Its not all about pace if the centre half has experience and knows where to stand. Until mccombe is fit I do worry though, as im not a lover of chilvers and mcdonald is just garbage. The one position we certainly dont need is another winger, if vincent and JMW dont play well then we have to find ways around that, (passing through the middle) rather than signing another winger, for me taylor is that back up player and is good enough to be back up. We need a left back but I would certainly purchase a striker with pace. Adams dosent want to pick Williamson for whatever reason and we do at times lack pace, especially when andrew plays. Birchall and Purse are a brilliant start though.

A mobile centre back

Wonder what people think of trying to attract say Kevin Phillips from Blackpool? He doesn't get that many games for them and even at 38 he still knows where the back of the net is. Perhaps only a short term solution but surely in Division 2 he would have a roll to play in getting us up? Just a thought, especially as some still bark on about Hughes. Can't see many young, fit goal scoring players being available for us who could fit in alongside Popey so anyone else got a magical solution?

Wonder what people think of trying to attract say Kevin Phillips from Blackpool? He doesn't get that many games for them and even at 38 he still knows where the back of the net is. Perhaps only a short term solution but surely in Division 2 he would have a roll to play in getting us up? Just a thought, especially as some still bark on about Hughes. Can't see many young, fit goal scoring players being available for us who could fit in alongside Popey so anyone else got a magical solution?

He is highly rated at Blackpool and i doubt we could afford to contribute enough to his wages

Advert:

They were signing Pope yesterday! Deluded gimps.

Ano them and Bradford fans do my blee din head in, think there Barcelona or summit why would any of our players want to go there, they'll probably be non-league AGAIN this time next year. They think they're so big because they played in the top flight and won the league cup... but guess what We've never played in non-league, they have for most of their history.

Advert:

What nonesense.

We are second in the league with the squad we have got at the moment.

Yes you point about pacey men upfront is correct, but how many teams have that quality, and when lofty plays at the back we do much better.

Obviously any bodies we bring in need to be better or different than what we have to give us the options we need to come back from situations like Saturday, Chesterfield and Gills.

But we already have a team capeable of automatic promotion so any additions are a bonus!

Rubbish!

We won't get promotion with the defenders we have. We can't keep scoring 3-4 every week to compensate.

Ano them and Bradford fans do my blee din head in, think there Barcelona or summit why would any of our players want to go there, they'll probably be non-league AGAIN this time next year. They think they're so big because they played in the top flight and won the league cup... but guess what We've never played in non-league, they have for most of their history.

When have they ever been non league???

Rubbish!

We won't get promotion with the defenders we have. We can't keep scoring 3-4 every week to compensate.

Well we already have te defenders we have and, at the half way strange, where are we in the league?!

Archived