4 or 5 more signings

PVTony

Advert:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does the 4-5 include Birchall, purse, Andrew and Chilvers? If not then I will be pleased.

From the official site -

Micky Adams has said that the signing of Chris Birchall earlier today is not the only business the club will be doing in this transfer window.

He has hinted there may be a further signing on Friday and either way, he expects to bring in four or five players before the transfer window closes.

I take that to mean the four or five is inclusive of Birchall and Purse (if he is indeed the potential Friday signing) - leaving another two or three to come in after those. For me, they should be a left-back, a centre-back with pace & mobility and a striker.

Advert:

At last Mickey Adams has woken up and smelled the coffee. He now admits that reinforcements are needed but fans have been saying this for weeks. The central defence is woefully slow, we need midfield reinforcements and cover for Tom Pope because if he gets injured we're stuffed.Adam's loyalty to the players who have taken us to second in the league is very admirable but is misplaced and totally unprofessional. There is no room for sentiment in football. All the other clubs in the top five are busy getting in new recruits in preparation for the final promotion push and we must do the same. I just hope that Adams is a little bit more imaginative in his choice of new players than he has been in the past.

Excited if we get class players better than present squad. Just goes to prove again that rumours/discussions/so called I've heard this and that, are meaningless chit chat and until official releases are made to us we can but believe what we want about who we want. I have been one who recently has pushed for Adams to see the light and replace certain players and up until yesterday it"appeared" he had no idea who he was going to look at or indeed tallk to Smurf and Wildes about! Amazing then that all of a sudden he's got 4 or 5 players lined up and talking to! We have to be realistic and leave the powers that be at Vale to run our glorious Club the way they want to as it's now clear a lot of work goes on behind the scenes that is not divulged to supporters. That is understandable and I for one totally welcome this new regime and have great confidence in them taking us to where we want to be. Onestepatatime, and with careful expertise that Smurf and Wildes seem to be bringing to us, we will ensure a successful and profitable long term vision for Vale. The feel good factor(recently dwindling) is now gaining momentum again so let's ALL keep the Faith and enjoy a refreshing era for the Mighty Valiants.

Advert:

Lee Collins??

I wouldn't be surprised if he turned up at Vale. Although with Barnsley having just sacked their manager the new guy might want take a look at him.

NOOO!!!! He was rubbish for the year up to when he left. We never got promoted with him in the squad last time, Barnsley don't want him, Shrewsbury at the bottom end of League 1 don't want him. Good player when he first joined but has gone backwards alarmingly.

NOOO!!!! He was rubbish for the year up to when he left. We never got promoted with him in the squad last time, Barnsley don't want him, Shrewsbury at the bottom end of League 1 don't want him. Good player when he first joined but has gone backwards alarmingly.

Completely agree Lee Collins for whatever reason has gone backwards fast.

The brilliant thing with Birchall is that he is an experienced pro, but is also still only 28!

yeah I agree like a few others I thought he was older it seams a lifetime since he left, as I remember it we sold him and the money financed our reserves for the season in the pontins league, but yeah at 28 he returns in his prime with a wealth of experience, I also think purse is a great signing to organize us at the back. Exciting times wonder what else today will bring?

Advert:

At last Mickey Adams has woken up and smelled the coffee. He now admits that reinforcements are needed but fans have been saying this for weeks. The central defence is woefully slow, we need midfield reinforcements and cover for Tom Pope because if he gets injured we're stuffed.Adam's loyalty to the players who have taken us to second in the league is very admirable but is misplaced and totally unprofessional. There is no room for sentiment in football. All the other clubs in the top five are busy getting in new recruits in preparation for the final promotion push and we must do the same. I just hope that Adams is a little bit more imaginative in his choice of new players than he has been in the past.

Fans may have been saying we need reinforcements for weeks, but untill the transfer window opened in January there was nothing anybody could do about it.

Archived