Busy month...

valiant_593

Advert:

I remember Darren Purse getting sent off for Oxford v Vale at the Manor Ground for elbowing Lee Mills. Mills had to go off with concussion.

At the time Vale were in the play off positions in the Championship and in with a (small) shout of being promoted to the Premier League.

Quite a bit of water has passed under the bridge since then. Including the best years of Purse's career.

Advert:

I remember Darren Purse getting sent off for Oxford v Vale at the Manor Ground for elbowing Lee Mills. Mills had to go off with concussion.

At the time Vale were in the play off positions in the Championship and in with a (small) shout of being promoted to the Premier League.

Quite a bit of water has passed under the bridge since then. Including the best years of Purse's career.

He got sent off v Stoke in that play off semi at Cardiff also.

Vale could do with a bit of experience around the place.......Somebody like a James Beattie etc....has he signed permanent at Accrington?

He got sent off v Stoke in that play off semi at Cardiff also.

Vale could do with a bit of experience around the place.......Somebody like a James Beattie etc....has he signed permanent at Accrington?

Crouchy not in the stoke side, worth a punt.:D

Purse is just another stop gap imo. 36 this February and still seemingly commanding a high wage, which appears to be the reason Plymouth transfer listed him. I'd prefer we got someone in that has a few years ahead of them and some pace.

Advert:

Advert:

Purse has played at the highest level, admittedly he may be past his best but the extra quality can make up for a lack of pace.

Some of our players never had that same quality to start with.

Amoebi was ***** mate and Hendrie was the season before.

oh right, must have been someone else I was thinking of. Mind you mind you guys wouldn't say no to Ameobi these days, decent little player now.

Archived