onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams free hand

geosname

Adams should have a free hand on all 1st team footballing matters within a defined budget.

The board should have no say on who he picks to play or who he signs, as long as he says within the parameters of his agreed budget.

The club as a whole should have an overall youth policy that is outside of the control of the 1st team manager.

Absolutely. Though the amount of people on here who were up in arms because a separate youth policy was previously suggested and adams didn't like it. Id also go further in saying that the club should have an idea about the ethos of the club and employ future managers to fit in with this.

Advert

All of this malarkey is getting me down. It's turning into a farce. We failed to sign two players in the last window because we own a 'broken' fax and no one has a wrist watch!.

who is kidding who?. Now Hughes apparently doesn't want to join us. I wonder what has changed his mind?. I'm fed up of hearing when we play rubbish it's the players fault, when they play well Micky is a genius.

I'm sorry but he can't keep using the same old excuses. If the players have conned him he should remember the chinese proverb about 'fool me once...........'. Well the shame will be with you in many peoples eyes Micky if we fail again.

I'm fed up of hearing when we play rubbish it's the players fault, when they play well Micky is a genius.

I'm sorry but he can't keep using the same old excuses. If the players have conned him he should remember the chinese proverb about 'fool me once...........'. Well the shame will be with you in many peoples eyes Micky if we fail again.

That's funny because I'm fed with the exact opposite view point expressed on here by a large number of people. When we win its down to the players an when we lose is down to Adams.

Also, what do you class as failing? Failure I get promoted automatically?! Why should he feel shame for finishing in the play offs and failing to go up. It would still be a massive overachievement based on pre season expectations and the play offs is a lottery.

Given out current position of course we should be aiming for automatic promotion. Would I be disappointed if we don't achieve it? Yes, very. Should Adams feel 'shame' if we don't? Do me a favour!

That's funny because I'm fed with the exact opposite view point expressed on here by a large number of people. When we win its down to the players an when we lose is down to Adams.

Also, what do you class as failing? Failure I get promoted automatically?! Why should he feel shame for finishing in the play offs and failing to go up. It would still be a massive overachievement based on pre season expectations and the play offs is a lottery.

Given out current position of course we should be aiming for automatic promotion. Would I be disappointed if we don't achieve it? Yes, very. Should Adams feel 'shame' if we don't? Do me a favour!

Some people have very short memories including you George. Before everyone starts feeling sorry for poor Micky I will remind you that a certain fellow named Ryder did a great job of conning a few people including the players who Mr Adams brought in. Do you think he would have had as big a budget under the previous bunch of cretins?.

What so many fail to see is that Vale's present team hasn't the guile or ability to open teams up at Vale Park. Away from home we are fine because we rely on 9 men behind the ball and the counterbreak which we excel at. George I aren't anti Micky Adams but believe me if we don't get promotion this season then his job will be on the line.

Some people have very short memories including you George. Before everyone starts feeling sorry for poor Micky I will remind you that a certain fellow named Ryder did a great job of conning a few people including the players who Mr Adams brought in. Do you think he would have had as big a budget under the previous bunch of cretins?.

What so many fail to see is that Vale's present team hasn't the guile or ability to open teams up at Vale Park. Away from home we are fine because we rely on 9 men behind the ball and the counterbreak which we excel at. George I aren't anti Micky Adams but believe me if we don't get promotion this season then his job will be on the line.

My memory is fine thanks old Sage. Maybe it is you with the memory problems? Old age and all that! I remember being in administration. I remember having a new owner fall through at the last moment. I remember all of the new signings having their contracts voided. I remember Adams and Bob Young convincing all but 1 to sign on reduced terms. I remember an incomplete squad with no ability to add to it. I remember us vastly outstripped all reasonable expectations during our first half of the season.

If we don't go up I don't feel he will be under pressure from the board and all reasonable fans. There will of course be some seasoned moaners who will attempt to stick the knife in and give it a twist.

Also, we've had the guile to open up a number of teams at home..Rotherham, Oxford etc. we can do it, just not consistantly enough at present. Thankfully our away form is phenomenal and we are deservedly 2nd in the league.

My memory is fine thanks old Sage. Maybe it is you with the memory problems? Old age and all that! I remember being in administration. I remember having a new owner fall through at the last moment. I remember all of the new signings having their contracts voided. I remember Adams and Bob Young convincing all but 1 to sign on reduced terms. I remember an incomplete squad with no ability to add to it. I remember us vastly outstripped all reasonable expectations during our first half of the season.

If we don't go up I don't feel he will be under pressure from the board and all reasonable fans. There will of course be some seasoned moaners who will attempt to stick the knife in and give it a twist.

Also, we've had the guile to open up a number of teams at home..Rotherham, Oxford etc. we can do it, just not consistantly enough at present. Thankfully our away form is phenomenal and we are deservedly 2nd in the league.

Ihave no intentions of entering into a long debate on the pros and cons but I will say this without fear of contradiction and that is Micky gave 2 years contracts to players that didn't deserve such long deals. Perhaps this was why the team has appeared a little threadbare.

All of this malarkey is getting me down. It's turning into a farce. We failed to sign two players in the last window because we own a 'broken' fax and no one has a wrist watch!.

who is kidding who?. Now Hughes apparently doesn't want to join us. I wonder what has changed his mind?. I'm fed up of hearing when we play rubbish it's the players fault, when they play well Micky is a genius.

If I can bring you back to reality for just a second can you remember that over the summer we almost didn't have a club, scraped some players together under the promise of Ryder's investment, almost lost them again having them put on rolling contracts whilst we started the season. Despite this turmoil, and also nowhere near having the top 3 largest playing budget in this division, we now find ourselves 2nd. Whilst I can accept the odd bit of balanced criticism for Adams (he needs to learn to play 3 midfielders at home to stop the home rot), how can you be so ridiculously critical? We have no God given right to go up, it is a very tough league this year, yet due to Micky's hard work in a time of turmoil we have somehow got a promotion chasing squad. We're 2nd in the league. What really is the problem?

Gotta say that's spot on. We've massively overachieved so far this season but the problem with that is expectations go through the roof. One minute we're the best thing since sliced bread, then when we lose a game the whole world's coming to an end. Some need to get a grip

As has been mentioned, if we play well then micky takes the credit. If we play badly its down on his head. The home form has been a worry, and its mickys job to sort it, but we are also 2nd and so there has to be credit given for that. I do think this window is massively important. Our rivals will be strengthening, and not just adding bodies which is what we have done so far (and amazingly what some people on here would rather us do than bring in better players, so as not to upset people). If we don't then we may struggle. It is obvious what we need to everyone (centre half, centre mid, left back, striker....probably in that order of priority).

MA said that he hadn't had the ££ talk with PW/NS about possible signings.

Given that we now have a Chief Scout, I would be staggered if the manager hadn't got a shopping list, especially as he should now be planning for life in Div 1 later this year.

Have to agree with that Alan, it seems a strange and disappointing comment to make. He has stated that there are some players who will be moving on so you would think he would have players in mind to bring in. The best time to strengthen is when you are in the top 3, you are more likely to bring in decent players and it sends out a message to your rivals.

Archived