onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Time to think about a new stadium?

barkis

Advert

Look at evidence when most clubs move crowds increase. why is it only vales fans that panic about the idea of having a new modern stadium with great facilaties, that's what holds the club back the lack of ambition or hope with vales fans. There is alot of poor facilaties that will always stop fans from being interested. The new owners will soon find that it will be easier to build a new stadium that modernise vale park and whether we like it or not its their choice if we move. Vale park has been a problem for port vale since its building and infact there has never been a finished stadium even the two previous lorne stret stands were unfinished.

All i did today except for watching the football is que

1. Qued to get on the car park

2. Qued to get a ticket

3. Qued to get a drink in tommy cheadles and gave up

4. Qued to get refreshments at half time and when I got there they had nothing left

5. Qued to get out of vp

Any more than 4500 vale can't cope

2. Qued to get a ticket

4. Qued to get refreshments at half time and when I got there they had nothing left

5. Qued to get out of vp

You should have qued up for a dictionary instead.

2. Qued to get a ticket

5. Qued to get out of vp

You must have been in the wrong places at the wrong times.

I've been on Vale Park when there was reckoned to have been 52,000. (Some say only 48,000). But never had any queuing problems. Still don't have any queuing problems, nearly sixty years later.

queued

Happy now

New iPad

iPads generally autocorrect poor spelling :P

Generally speaking though, in terms of turnstiles, exits, queueing, all that stuff, the Railway Stand / Paddock is poorly equipped to deal with anything near a capacity crowd or even a large crowd.

I sat at the bottom of the Paddock during the second half, right up level with the penalty area of the goal we were kicking towards. It felt dark, grim and uninviting. A pool of sludge had developed on the concrete under the seat next to me from the run off from the roof.

I've had some great memories in there but it's starting to show it's age.

I like vale park, I like burslem so I always want to stay here, but I sit in the railway stand and it's generally a poor stand which is so far away from the pitch it's very very hard to create any atmosphere at all.

It may well be the least of our new owners worries, but it certainly needs demolishing, bringing the roof to join the bycars and hamil and make a steep stand with bar facilities, new toilets etc....

That would make it so much better and also atmosphere wise ten times better!!!!

Considering we were top today, the paddock was embarrassing with no songs at all, you could say we had nothing sing about but a stand closer to the pitch with good sound would be far better.

It needs sorting IMO, we need it rocking.

Yeah it will, but it has increased the gates

I don't like discussions about a smaller stadium. It's going backwards.

how is anything going backwards, shrewsburys ground is capable of fitting a stadium of 40k if they ever needed it. 15k would be more than enough but could lock all the fans in together in a stadium with a better stadium. Sadly it will never happen as vale fans lack any kind of forward thinking and think being at an outdated stadium locked in a housing estate is the way forward. I'm not saying move a million miles away, we could build it on the site of the old doultens factory or even sproson park, could nab the land of the co op and build it there. all this scare mongering about a new stadium is rediculace. Only vale could fear better things.

MY God!! Jeesssus wept!!! It's not a new ground that Vale need it's a proper review of why they can only attract 4,000 fans at best on average!!

Today was an exceptional attendance of 6,000 yet there was no atmosphere. Then lets see the admission prices brought down to a REASONABLE £15-16 quid (all areas) This is a WORKING class area people dont go because IT IS TOOOOO Much.

Sick of the apparent divide in fans attitudes - it seems like people are making out that £20 is fair and that everybody who has ever supported Vale can afford it- WAKE UP!!! People around here only earn on avearge 20,000 per year at most and thats before tax!!!

Too many on here are pompous and think everybody's on an income of at least £40,000. Its a working class area wake up!!:mad:

I like vale park, I like burslem so I always want to stay here, but I sit in the railway stand and it's generally a poor stand which is so far away from the pitch it's very very hard to create any atmosphere at all.

It may well be the least of our new owners worries, but it certainly needs demolishing, bringing the roof to join the bycars and hamil and make a steep stand with bar facilities, new toilets etc....

That would make it so much better and also atmosphere wise ten times better!!!!

Considering we were top today, the paddock was embarrassing with no songs at all, you could say we had nothing sing about but a stand closer to the pitch with good sound would be far better.

It needs sorting IMO, we need it rocking.

There are some very very poor facilaties at vale park that includes tghe bycars family stands and railway stands. if you sit in the lorn street it can seem a more impressive stadium but the paddock is very grim and dull and is a 1950s stand with a lick of paint and 20 year old seats bolted into it. It is an awful stand and trying to convince the younger generations to favour it over facilaties at the brit is always going be hard. We need to modernise the club all over and make it appear more fasionble. The stadium should also come under this.

Archived