onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

The Future?

Andyregs

Advert

Stoke are a bigger club than Vale.

Leeds, Forest, Leicester and a few more below us are still bigger clubs than us even though we're above them in the league.

Ok?

Really bud, what does it matter who's the 'bigger club'?.....you are Stoke, we are Vale. Two football clubs that play in the same competition, yours has, for the most part been the more successful. If you weren't more successful than us, then you would be below us, if it weren't for teams below you you'd be the worst team going.

Really, what does it matter?..

And by the way, yes, you may have spent more time in the top flight than any other division - but you've never managed to win the damn thing......even when there were only 12 teams you couldn't manage it.

Look at some of the 'smaller' clubs that have. ;)

Really bud, what does it matter who's the 'bigger club'?.....you are Stoke, we are Vale. Two football clubs that play in the same competition, yours has, for the most part been the more successful. If you weren't more successful than us, then you would be below us, if it weren't for teams below you you'd be the worst team going.

Really, what does it matter?..

And by the way, yes, you may have spent more time in the top flight than any other division - but you've never managed to win the damn thing......even when there were only 12 teams you couldn't manage it.

Look at some of the 'smaller' clubs that have. ;)

Read my earlier posts why I think it matters. ;)

I'm actually having a similar discussion on the Oatcake with people who think we should aspire to Everton. They're in a different stratosphere to us and in reality it does more harm than good thinking like that. Which is my point with what seemingly is everyone associated with the Vale's fixation with us. We aren't relevant to You, like Everton aren't relevant to us.

I'm actually having a similar discussion on the Oatcake with people who think we should aspire to Everton. They're in a different stratosphere to us and in reality it does more harm than good thinking like that. Which is my point with what seemingly is everyone associated with the Vale's fixation with us. We aren't relevant to You, like Everton aren't relevant to us.

Eight thousand, eight hundred and thirty four posts would suggest that maybe we are more relevant than you suggest.

Eight thousand, eight hundred and thirty four posts would suggest that maybe we are more relevant than you suggest.

Not really no. We are streets ahead in terms of everything, just like Everton are with us. This is nothing to do with rivalry (and even that now is verging on pathetic until we next play), I'm talking about pure football business.

Not really no. We are streets ahead in terms of everything, just like Everton are with us. This is nothing to do with rivalry (and ever that now is verging on pathetic until we next play), I'm talking about pure football business.

In pure football business terms you are streets ahead of hundreds of teams, yet you keep having to come on here and remind us of the fact. Tell me, do you post regularly a similar stance on, say, Fleetwood Town's messageboard?.....nothing to do with rivalry?........get off!

In pure football business terms you are streets ahead of hundreds of teams, yet you keep having to come on here and remind us of the fact. Tell me, do you post regularly a similar stance on, say, Fleetwood Town's messageboard?.....nothing to do with rivalry?........get off!

I don't post stuff like that regularly at all, just this thread in fact because I think it's an extremely valid point and has nothing to do with rivalry. That's my whole damn point in fact and I knew it would fizz over heads because it's not want people want to hear.

I've posted quite frequently on Plymouth, Huddersfield and York mb's as it goes. The strangest is a Hungarian football mb, all down to Adam Vass that one. :D

It may be decades before we can view ourselves as rivals, in the meantime we/ you are just the enemy down the road.

To take issue with the Everton comment, you are financially streets ahead of them but miles behind in footballing ability. You have a fantastic chairman whose passion for his club cannot be questioned, but I bet you wish you had David Moyes as manager. Now would he leave Everton for Stoke ???

It may be decades before we can view ourselves as rivals, in the meantime we/ you are just the enemy down the road.

To take issue with the Everton comment, you are financially streets ahead of them but miles behind in footballing ability. You have a fantastic chairman whose passion for his club cannot be questioned, but I bet you wish you had David Moyes as manager. Now would he leave Everton for Stoke ???

No, would he ********, which is what I've been saying. They have a brand that we could only dream of and it's why they'll always be a bigger club than us.

Here is the thread actually.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=203914

No, would he ********, which is what I've been saying. They have a brand that we could only dream of and it's why they'll always be a bigger club than us.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=203914

Classic.......now you're trying to get us onto your message board - Jeez, you'll be selling tckets for home games next!

Yes agree entirely with what you are saying. However, you have the backing from PC and a fantastic fan base which financially should allow you to push on to that next level.

With regards the branding, Leeds & Forest will always be bigger clubs than say Wigan & Norwich, but at the moment no player would look at them given the choice.

Vales minimum has got to be promotion this season, what do you see as yours.

Archived