• OVF player sponsorship 2022

£10 to enter. More details and a link to donate can be found here

West Ham v Port Vale

Formby Valiant

After seeing the 20 year thread and talk about Brighton away when we got promoted, it brought back many great memories of the time.

Now my memory could be playing tricks on me. But I seem to recall going to West Ham away, drawing 2-2 and this is the part I'm not so sure about, did Grew save 2 penalties?

Advert:

Advert:

Yes he did. 31st March 1990. On the morning of the match we'd had a stroll around Trafalgar Square - very quiet and peaceful. A few hours later all hell broke loose there with the mega Poll Tax riot.

Ditto

Was living in Tottenham at the time and had a couple of Vale lads come and stay for the weekend

Was an interesting day!!!

Advert:

That was 20 years ago. Port Vale v West Ham in the FA cup 40 years ago (in January) made me start to support Port Vale.

I remember that one. At the time I was a friend of Vale full back, John 'Chick' Brodie. Bobby Moore was playing for West Ham, and apparently the referee addressed him as 'Mr Moore' throughout the match!

My first game was Blackburn at home, Gordon Lee had left Vale and gone there, I was about 11/12 can anyone remember the exact year?

Blackburn got promoted that day winning 1-4, Rovers fans stormed the pitch at the end. 1975, I would guess.

That West Ham game from 40 years ago was interesting if you were in the Bycars! :ninja:

Blackburn got promoted that day winning 1-4, Rovers fans stormed the pitch at the end. 1975, I would guess.

That West Ham game from 40 years ago was interesting if you were in the Bycars! :ninja:

Yes friendly bunch weren't they. Proper cockney ****s:laugh:

Advert:

That was 20 years ago. Port Vale v West Ham in the FA cup 40 years ago (in January) made me start to support Port Vale.

The West Ham FA Cup game in '73 wasn't the first Vale game I went to, but it is the first one I have any memory of. It was a few days after my 8th birthday.

Archived