onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Refs. fitness levels.

PVTony

As a ref myself...the above comments are spot on.

People quick comment on a ref ,with little knowledge of the laws.

Or refuse to see that there players are poor themselves,and at times cheating to get a decision.

My answer to most is,get on a course and have ago yourselfs,not kids,Adults.

Your eyes will be wide open!

I know its the age old comparison but if rugby players can do what they do,why can,t footballers just get up after a tackle and carry on with the game,instead of trying to con the ref,and get a player sent off. They are all in the same union the PFA,when your at work do you try and get a work-mate sacked?

Advert

I know its the age old comparison but if rugby players can do what they do,why can,t footballers just get up after a tackle and carry on with the game,instead of trying to con the ref,and get a player sent off. They are all in the same union the PFA,when your at work do you try and get a work-mate sacked?

Too many foriegners ruining the English game and influencing young lads. We should break away from FIFA and adopt the 1950's rules where you only got booked if the oppponent looked like he was dying and a sent off if you attempted to kill more than two people. Physios should only be allowed to pour icy water on them as well.

Too many foriegners ruining the English game and influencing young lads. We should break away from FIFA and adopt the 1950's rules where you only got booked if the oppponent looked like he was dying and a sent off if you attempted to kill more than two people. Physios should only be allowed to pour icy water on them as well.

Why not a bucket of **** and a sponge, soon get up if they saw that coming:):):)

I'm a little disappointed in most of the comments on this thread. Yes we know that many players have over sized heads and take liberties but that is another topic.

The fact is many of the refs we get in the lowest level of the football league is frighteningly poor. Fact.

Im a ref of over 10yrs experience.and had the experience of being a lino for stoke u18s vs liverpool(included sterling.wisdom n morgon!!) n vs spurs..n vs crewe.also same at vale.

One thing that you dnt get till amongst it...is how lightening fast it is.

And they 1st teams are faster!!!

Few points on this.

I feel fans need understand how fast it it is,and how a ref needs to make a decision..at this pace.

Also i agree with micky..refs do need be fitter,so its a good option to become pro refs..(who pays tho)??...big difference from.prem n football league.

Lastly i totally disagree abt players becoming better refs,they will still have to apply the laws like normal refs.and have same view on the pitch as well.

If they can b better...why only 1 that i know of has taken it up n got to the league??....too much hassle maybe??

Archived