onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Pete Williams

KEV.WILLIE

Advert

Spoken to Liz, and Pete has got out of bed for the first time today.

The fact that it's Liverpool v Everton on the tele (Pete is a red scouser for those that don't know) is a pure coincidence!

I'm visiting him this afternoon and have already mentioned that a lot of people on OVF are sending their best wishes for a speedy recovery.

The fact that it's Liverpool v Everton on the tele (Pete is a red scouser for those that don't know) is a pure coincidence!

I'm visiting him this afternoon and have already mentioned that a lot of people on OVF are sending their best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Watching Liverpool in their current form could lead to a speedy relapse. Advise him against this, Dave!

Cheers Dave ;)

Arrived at Pete's just after final whistle and in time for him to be cussing a refereeing decision that he says robbed Liverpool.

He's in good form but clearly needs a period of rest which I know Liz will be ensuring he gets.

I passed on the very best wishes from everyone on OVF and told him that many posters had contributed their personal best wishes via this thread.

He is a great guy, and good friend, who has been carrying a huge responsibility.

Pete has had the combined responsibility of being Chairman of the Supporters Club in what has been, and for the time being continues to be, an incredibly stressful period for all involved with the Supporters Club Committee and I can assure you that what is seen publicly is only a small fraction of the stress and worry that has, and still is, being put into saving Port Vale FC.

Additionally, he has been responsible for co-ordinating, with architect John Sambrook, the Sproson Statue construction which involves bringing together the immense goodwill of suppliers, contractors, and fans who have contributed to the project to create a fantastic tribute to Roy and the Sproson family's legacy to the history of PVFC.

Fortunately Pete is retired, but in all honesty there are times when there are not enough hours in a day where PVFC has been concerned these past few years.

Pete, under a (loving) glare from Liz, recounted that when he woke up in hospital his first words to the nursing staff were 'have I still got time to get up to the Vale to see the statue go up' - on that occasion no Pete there wasn't !! but as I told him today we are all looking forward to him being the 'master of ceremonies' when the statue is eventually unveiled.

Arrived at Pete's just after final whistle and in time for him to be cussing a refereeing decision that he says robbed Liverpool.

He's in good form but clearly needs a period of rest which I know Liz will be ensuring he gets.

I passed on the very best wishes from everyone on OVF and told him that many posters had contributed their personal best wishes via this thread.

He is a great guy, and good friend, who has been carrying a huge responsibility.

Pete has had the combined responsibility of being Chairman of the Supporters Club in what has been, and for the time being continues to be, an incredibly stressful period for all involved with the Supporters Club Committee and I can assure you that what is seen publicly is only a small fraction of the stress and worry that has, and still is, being put into saving Port Vale FC.

Additionally, he has been responsible for co-ordinating, with architect John Sambrook, the Sproson Statue construction which involves bringing together the immense goodwill of suppliers, contractors, and fans who have contributed to the project to create a fantastic tribute to Roy and the Sproson family's legacy to the history of PVFC.

Fortunately Pete is retired, but in all honesty there are times when there are not enough hours in a day where PVFC has been concerned these past few years.

Pete, under a (loving) glare from Liz, recounted that when he woke up in hospital his first words to the nursing staff were 'have I still got time to get up to the Vale to see the statue go up' - on that occasion no Pete there wasn't !! but as I told him today we are all looking forward to him being the 'master of ceremonies' when the statue is eventually unveiled.

Many thanks for the update Dave.'Master of ceremonies' would be great and a very well earned privilege.

Archived