onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Luck in management

tonyh

Obviously, MA is doing a great job, but he's had 3 great strokes of luck;

He wanted Stuart Tomlinson to sign a new contract. He wouldn't so we had to sign Chris Neal, who was strangely released by Shrewsbury.

He wanted Marc Richards, but he went for greener pastures, so he had to play Popey up front. This was what a lot of supporters wanted after we we top scorers at the start of last season, when Richards was injured.

I'm a Sean Rigg fan. MA wanted him to stay, but he went to Oxford. We got Ashley Vincent. I'm not sure "he's better than Rigg", but it hasn't worked out badly.

Add to that the form of Clayton McDonald. He was last in the pecking order behind Artell, Owen and Davis. Artell jumped ship, Owen got injured and Davis had a mare against Burnley.

Advert

He wanted Stuart Tomlinson to sign a new contract. He wouldn't so we had to sign Chris Neal, who was strangely released by Shrewsbury.

He wanted Marc Richards, but he went for greener pastures, so he had to play Popey up front. This was what a lot of supporters wanted after we we top scorers at the start of last season, when Richards was injured.

I'm a Sean Rigg fan. MA wanted him to stay, but he went to Oxford. We got Ashley Vincent. I'm not sure "he's better than Rigg", but it hasn't worked out badly.

Add to that the form of Clayton McDonald. He was last in the pecking order behind Artell, Owen and Davis. Artell jumped ship, Owen got injured and Davis had a mare against Burnley.

Are you having a laugh, ashleys lttle toe is better than rigg, rigg had no consistency what so ever.

To be fair with Adams I think he probably wanted Rigg and Vincent, Tomlinson and Neal and who wouldn't want to keep your top scorer.

In relation to Tomlinson IMHO he knew MA was going to sign another keeper and he realised he would probably become our second choice keeper. In reality he may have become our third choice, or we would be out of the Johnstone paint!

Rigg went for more money and so did Richards thats football.

We are second in the league and the top scorers in the division because we dont have players like Rigg anymore - Its no fluke!

Vincent is 10 times the player Rigg is.

We are second in the league and the top scorers in the division because we dont have players like Rigg anymore - Its no fluke!

Vincent is 10 times the player Rigg is.

I think Vincent is different class but I think if Micky ,as he wanted,had kept Richards ,Rigg ,Tommo and Griff can you see us playing the way we have been?So the answer to the opening question is 'yes' IMO ,Micky has been a little bit lucky.Better to be a lucky winner than an unlucky loser.

Archived