onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

was the ref that bad?

geosname

Had a shocking first half, but really lost the plot in the last 15 minutes of the first half, especially in front of the paddock.

He'd lost control of the game, and gave himself no option but to give their lad a second yellow for the foul on Neal (who, by the way, doesn't half like to make meal of any challenges made on him).

I didn't think Wycombe were a dirty or cheating side. I just thought the ref's bad decisions ratcheted up the atmosphere a bit, to make it look that way. He basically made a game appear tetchy and nasty when in reality it wasn't at all.

AR to be fair in Neal the 2 other fouls in previous games were afr wore than that and they got away with both. Unfortunately for Wycombe and Kuffour in particular he got done for what was a nothing challenge. I wasn't complaining yesterday made up for the previous refs lack of balls:-)

Advert

Worst I've seen this season first half and that's saying someat as I thought the joker at Bradford would take some beating.

He lost any respect he had with the penalty(which wasn't) and then not giving the body check on Murphy which as old sage says was blatent obstruction.

As much as the foul from Kuffour on Neal was stupid neither him nor McCombe should have been booked for the handbags earlier. A quick word and common sense should have prevailed there.

It was a great win for us but if I was looking at it objectively he did his best to spoil it as a contest, a pathetic official!

Kuffour's second booking was late and arguably a yellow regardless of whether Neal stayed down or not.

Sadly, these days, you have to go down to get a decision. I remember one of Rotherham's full-backs grabbing hold of Ashley Vincent earlier this season and wrestling him for what seemed like an eternity. It was only when he did a fairly rubbish fall to his knees that he got a free kick.

Lets get it right here the useless ref only booked Kaffour for his challenge on Neal. It was a dangerous two footed lunge and he deserved to be booked. If Kaffour hadn't tried to knock Mc Combe's head off earlier when they both got booked he would have stayed on. He went for getting his second Yellow. He should have 'walked' earlier for his assault on 'Boom'. Which makes me wonder why the ref also booked Mc Combe perhaps it was because he failed to 'duck' out of the blow. It sums up a completely useless official which sadly is the norm in this league. I've seen better officials in the local Sunday Leagues.

Fost half gave them everything, second half gave us everything.

The worst ref I've ever seen, and I bet Wycombe fans are saying the same.

A fair assessment. I normally try not to criticise referees as they have a difficult enough job without all the 'terrace experts', but I have to agree with the above comments. He wasn't one-sided, he was just very poor overall and gave many poor decisions against both teams. Having said all that, I had a perfect view of the 1st half penalty incident and it was a definite penalty. McCombe's leg certainly caught their forward and by any objective measurement, we couldn't complain with that particular decision, although I thought we too, should have been given a penalty and he got that one wrong. Who'd be a ref eh?

That might be related to the fact that Chris Neal stayed down until Kuffour was sent off. TCB was sat next to me and said he'd have been mightily ****** off if it had happened to a Vale player.

The guy deliberately ran into him and was deserving of a yellow. He did something similar when hiding behind Neal earlier in the game and deliberately running into him on the way out of the box.

More fool Kuffour for doing so when already on a yellow.

The guidance to refs in the Laws say that players must leave the field for/after treatment but goes on to say:

Exceptions to the ruling are to be made only when:

a goalkeeper is injured

a goalkeeper and outfield player have collided and need immediate attention

players from the same team have collided and need immediate attention ...

One of the few things he got right all game!

Never knew that.

Thought about becoming a ref?

Archived