onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Oxford admission price?

Advert

Why would the club lose money if your are offering buy one get someone in for free or a fiver (small amount) in reality that is earning vale money as these fans probably wouldn't of been going but for a fiver who can resist... It may lead to more regular appearances in the future

That's a no brainer!!!

Two people who normally go both pay £20 = £40

Two people go with the offer 1at £20 1 at £5=£25

Result =£15 less income

Ok, so what about the people who work shifts like me and therefore no point in buying a season ticket? 20 coin a game is expensive for division 4 football! I go every home and away game I can but it stings me every time, especially with having to pay for my younger brother as well. Think before you make accusations like that.

Season ticket holders get great value for money but only if you can afford it up front.

The ones who don't have a season ticket and are still big fans may struggle some weeks to attend (Xmas, kids birthdays,)...

So basically a couple of times a season I think pay on the gate fans should get some kind of gesture where we do two games for twenty quid when purchased from the ticket office say a week before the games.

Here we go again, moaning about admission prices! Buy a ****ing season ticket, its well cheap per game then.

If people hadn't noticed were still in admin, we can't go around cutting prices off our biggest source of income!

If your not willing to pay 20 quid while were playing the football we are, you will never be. Its just another excuse not to go!

Sorry, my post was directed at this post who clearly doesn't think about things

Season ticket holders get great value for money but only if you can afford it up front.

The ones who don't have a season ticket and are still big fans may struggle some weeks to attend (Xmas, kids birthdays,)...

So basically a couple of times a season I think pay on the gate fans should get some kind of gesture where we do two games for twenty quid when purchased from the ticket office say a week before the games.

There are ways to save for next seasons season ticket the club do that for you so its not too much of an outlay...and you get it at this seasons prices!!

I cant for the life of me see why there is all this hullabaloo over prices yet we are the best supported away club and seem to take hundreds away at all the expense that comes with it...nobody ever moans about the prices then!!

The same people who moan about the home prices are the same people who moan we are,nt signing any decent players!!

I know we are in admin and cant sign anybody anyway but when we are not we need to compete with the top earners in any division to attract the best players

Check out the admission prices for all the top teams in each division and you will see that they spend big on the sort of players they need

Stop moaning, pay the money and watch the recording of the match when you get home!!

UP THE VALE

Two people who normally go both pay £20 = £40

Two people go with the offer 1at £20 1 at £5=£25

Result =£15 less income

or...

Two people who normally go @ £20 but don't go as it's on TV = NO MONEY WHATSOEVER.

As it happens I'm not sure how many people have Sky, so if you have to go to the pub to

watch it then you will spend money in the pub...and you are still leaving the house to get there.

I actually think it would give the team a huge boost to know that people have made the effort

to attend the match when they could have stayed at home. It's also the first game after the

heroic performance at Walsall.

I predict a suprisingly decent 4,500 plus gate if the weather is half-decent.

Why would the club lose money if your are offering buy one get someone in for free or a fiver (small amount) in reality that is earning vale money as these fans probably wouldn't of been going but for a fiver who can resist... It may lead to more regular appearances in the future

That's a no brainer!!!

Because the second person [for a fiver] would have to be a new person ie someone who wasnt going to attend.... rather than two mates splitting the price when they would have paid 20quid each

The people who can resist are the people who dont want to sit in the cold and wet watching vales home performances [depending on the weather].... or they are busy... or working etc etc

the time to explore incentives to entice fans back is when we have new owners in place whi can hopefully fund the potential loss in revenues

for now, the best incentive is for us to play attacking, exctiting football and getting all the fans talking to their mates about it [ which is exactly why we had almost 7000 there against the gills ]

Slightly off topic i know.But I was talking to someone over the weekend about new owners for the club.He told me that a new potential owner had been looking very close at the club(as he should do).He noticed that people were going in through turnstiles as junior's when they were not junior at all and had probably even just come from the pub.The person telling me said that the potential new owner said such actions would have to stop if he took over the club.This has been an issue for ages.Now i know that there is no easy solution to this.As when there is a queue at the turnstile(pay on gate) then the turnstile operator will not have the time to check every one by face and judge their age,which in itself can be difficult to judge sometimes.

Sorry, my post was directed at this post who clearly doesn't think about things

Quite right. Som people on here seem to think the only jobs fans work are monday to Friday days and that every July theres people who can just throw 200 out their pocket.Dont get me wrong some do, and have, but it goes to show how narrow minded some people are.

I know Vale are playing some really exciting football, but my opinion remains the same- it should be no more than £15 a game to get in.

I think the club would be pleasntly surprised what a difference £5.50 (or in some cases £5 off the admission price) makes to the attendance figures.

£20 is still too expensive.

Urm, yeah exactly, thats why I said it should be two games for 30 quid, which would bring people to both the next two home games.

Here we go again, moaning about admission prices! Buy a ****ing season ticket, its well cheap per game then.

If you dont live in the area, or if your work hours clash with some games, or if you sometimes have other priorities on Saturdays / Tuesdays buying a season ticket would be considerably more expensive.

These are the sort of fans that are put off buy stupid pay on the gate prices as they are the fans who are forced to pay on the gate through personal circumstances.

Im not saying massive reductions are the answer, but it should be less. The difference between STs and pay on the day is too great.

keep the price the same but offer anyone buying a ticket a free pie, my thinking behind this is

1) The percieved value of the pie is greater than the cost to the club, thus the person thinks they are saving £2 but the cost to the club us only £1

2) They always run out of food anyway thus its cost the club **** ll

Archived