onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Slash to Play Gig in Stoke??

X-Valiant

hmmmmm, it definitely signalled the beginning of the end, there were good moments after, but AFD was in the top 5 albums of all time, easily.

caz - that version you've got I don't think is actually live, and it's very very hard to get hold of. acoustic demo I think, brilliant though.

You're correct Burtimus. It is acoustic demo and definitely BRILLIANT!! :yes:

Advert

Got 4 in our grubby mitts right now.

:groupwavereversed:

Me, Mrs and 2 lads.

Re GnR, never eally been a fan of Nov. Rain but I can't help loving Estranged.

:blush:

Hard to believe that all Mrs listened to when she was pregant with eldest was Appetite For Destruction, and he'll be seeing Slash at 20yrs of age.

:ohmy:

• 2 months later...

WOW!!!

Had the pleasure of seeing one of THE best rock guitarists in Viccy Hall. Myles Kennedy was superb (looking forward to seeing Alter BRidge later on in the year :D).

The crowd seemed really considerate where we were considering we were quite near to the front.

Slash was superb. Obviously the crowd pleasers were the old GnR classics but all of the solo stuff was really well received. I thought Todd Dammit did an excellent job singing "Dr. Alibi" and Myles Kennedy was outstanding in all that he sang. Slash's guitar playing really is something to be seen. He makes it all seem so effortless. I appreciated that he did his best to show off to all sections of the audience too.

Must admit that around the time of the encore I was flagging and so I went outside for a bottle of water. Went back in for the encore that included a finale of Paradise City and a ticker tape celebration. As I was near the doors I was one of the first outside at the end of the gig.

I found out from security that Slash was doing an autograph session so we queued for another 2 hours to get his signature. He told me he tries to do this at every gig he plays and for that the respect that I had for him went up a hundred fold.

He also said he's going to come back next year!!

On a side issue, I've been to gigs in other cities and the surrounding pubs do their best to create a pre-gig atmosphere... I was a bit disappointed that no where in Hanley made the effort to try and do the same.

It was fn awesome night though.

On a side issue, I've been to gigs in other cities and the surrounding pubs do their best to create a pre-gig atmosphere... I was a bit disappointed that no where in Hanley made the effort to try and do the same.

We went to Chaplins, there were quite a few in there. The Coachmakers seemed quite busy too.

• 1 month later...

Archived