onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Slash to Play Gig in Stoke??

X-Valiant

I ****ing love that track.

That is exactly what I mean, soulful and bluesy bends but then you have the scary technical accuracy with the tapping. Every note is ****ing perfect.

There is not much better in this world than a 57' Gibson LP on the bridge pickup hooked up to a Marshall JCM or JVM and a massive cabinet. :D

100% agree. He's using an Epiphone in that video. Unbelievable!

Advert

I don't really like Epiphone, I played my friends LP and comparing it to my Gibson LP, the tone, action, general playability was nowhere near as good, it felt a bit rickety, but only Zakk and a select few others can make any guitar his bitch!

I have a friend who's really into stuff like Black Label Society and he showed me a few tracks off the latest album....Jesus Christ!

I hope the health problems he had are behind him and he keeps releasing new stuff with BLS or solo.

Honestly mate, one of my LP's is an epi. I set it up, action is great now. I compared it to my Gibson and only way it doesn't match it is that the neck pickup is very ****! I know what you mean about rickerty too! Gibsons will always be number 1, hate Fenders!

I don't really like Epiphone, I played my friends LP and comparing it to my Gibson LP, the tone, action, general playability was nowhere near as good, it felt a bit rickety, but only Zakk and a select few others can make any guitar his bitch!

I have a friend who's really into stuff like Black Label Society and he showed me a few tracks off the latest album....Jesus Christ!

I hope the health problems he had are behind him and he keeps releasing new stuff with BLS or solo.

No, no, no.

Epiphone LP customs are TEN times the guitar of Gibson LP standards/studio.

• 2 weeks later...
November Rain is one of my all time favourites. Right at the top of the list. I found a live version on the 'net which is absolutely brilliant.

If they don't play that at my funeral I ain't goin' anywhere! Seriously, that's what I want played. :yes:

Caz that song signalled the demise of G n R for me. A load of self indulgent over produced b0!!0c£$. Now Mr Brownstone and Nightrain... they are tunes!

Tried to get tickets this morning. No joy though!

Caz that song signalled the demise of G n R for me. A load of self indulgent over produced b0!!0c£$. Now Mr Brownstone and Nightrain... they are tunes!

I queued from 7am!

No way I was missing out on this!

has it sold out?

saw em at main road 92 (3 hours late on stage due to a ****** up lead singer), then mk bowl 93, totally different gigs, main road all brass bands and choirs, 93 just guitars and drums, both awesome though!

I'd probably agree with you if i'd only listened to the version they put out but honestly, the version I found is wonderful! Can't disagree with you and Mr Brownstone and Nightrain though! :D

Got tickets online at 11.20 and I think that I had two of the last few tickets. Think I have to lean forward to see the whole stage, but I don't care, my 12 year old self would be so jealous right now. Welcome home mr hudson!

hmmmmm, it definitely signalled the beginning of the end, there were good moments after, but AFD was in the top 5 albums of all time, easily.

caz - that version you've got I don't think is actually live, and it's very very hard to get hold of. acoustic demo I think, brilliant though.

Archived