onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Slash to Play Gig in Stoke??

X-Valiant

Advert

Seen him with Velvet Revolver at the MEN, very good guitarist. Don't think he has the rights to play GnR stuff though, does he, if people are going to hear that?

Eh? Anyone can play anyone's song live.

VR did a fair few Gn'R covers, and Snakepit did some as a mick-take.

I'd definitely be tempted by this, his solo song-writing isn't great but he makes his guitars cry.

It is deffo 18th July and deffo Viccy Hall. They are just ironing out some finer points.

He'll be playing songs from Guns, Snakepit, VR and his solo album. I for one cannot wait! Seen him with VR twice, and he is the reason that I play guitar!

his solo song-writing isn't great but he makes his guitars cry.

Are you taking the ****? Nobody captures the moment in a solo like him. Listen to november rain, sweet child (he even fits the intro riff into the chorus', civil war, estranged MOTHER****ER!) takes any song and produces a solo that keeps the signature of the song. Best examples of this are in the illusion albums. GN'R will always be my #1 band!

Are you taking the ****? Nobody captures the moment in a solo like him. Listen to november rain, sweet child (he even fits the intro riff into the chorus', civil war, estranged MOTHER****ER!) takes any song and produces a solo that keeps the signature of the song. Best examples of this are in the illusion albums. GN'R will always be my #1 band!

Eh? What do you think I meant by my post?

Estranged is orgasmic.

you said it isnt the greatest. He's ****ing awesome!

Estranged is ridiculous, how the hell did he come up with that. Do you play?

Nah, his song-writing since Snakepit hasn't been amazing, bar one or two. VR were average at best, some cool riffs and solos but the songs were average.

Gn'R in their day were a winning formula with him and Axl, though Axl is a much better writer, Slash just danced around on top of the tracks and added dimensions. 'Don't Damn Me' is typical of that, my favourite probably.

And yes, I play - was obsessed with Slash for years and you could tell when I played, don't listen to as much anymore. I love that he isn't the fastest or most technical, but I don't care. Vai/Gilbert can play fast and do impressive things, Slash/Hendix/Prince/Zappa/Gilmour etc make their guitars sing.

Nah, his song-writing since Snakepit hasn't been amazing, bar one or two. VR were average at best, some cool riffs and solos but the songs were average.

Gn'R in their day were a winning formula with him and Axl, though Axl is a much better writer, Slash just danced around on top of the tracks and added dimensions. 'Don't Damn Me' is typical of that, my favourite probably.

And yes, I play - was obsessed with Slash for years and you could tell when I played, don't listen to as much anymore. I love that he isn't the fastest or most technical, but I don't care. Vai/Gilbert can play fast and do impressive things, Slash/Hendix/Prince/Zappa/Gilmour etc make their guitars sing.

Yeah see where you're coming from. I think he can play any style, he's studies blues and even flamenco (see that in double talkin jive), I just think the more soulful blues style solo is his way. I love the run up in sweet child solo! Snakepit was pretty special considering Geffen never took it seriously. I love Mean Bone, Beggars and Hangers on, Aint life grand etc.

Love the solo work, especially Ghost. Astbury sounds amazing and can tell that Izzy plays on this too. The old dynamic can't be missed, it smashes you int he face!!!

You playing in nay bands or anything at the moment? What gear you got?

back and Forth again solo is my fave.

This is going off topic!! :D

Pretty predictably, I used to have the Les Paul/Tsl Marshall combination, but I have a gorgeous new Cornford Roadhouse 30w Combo and a deluxe Tele, First Act and my Les Paul too. Along with various acoustics/12 strings/mandolin etc.

Got a band in Stoke and play with a few artists/theatre stuff down in Surrey/London.

back and Forth again solo is my fave.

This is going off topic!! :D

Pretty predictably, I used to have the Les Paul/Tsl Marshall combination, but I have a gorgeous new Cornford Roadhouse 30w Combo and a deluxe Tele, First Act and my Les Paul too. Along with various acoustics/12 strings/mandolin etc.

Got a band in Stoke and play with a few artists/theatre stuff down in Surrey/London.

Sounds good mate. I'm a Les Paul man also, had 5 over the last couple of years, Taylor acoustics, Marshall JCM800. Just in the process of new band writing, old bands gigged the whole of the UK.

Yeah we should get back to Slash......:D

Sounds good mate. I'm a Les Paul man also, had 5 over the last couple of years, Taylor acoustics, Marshall JCM800. Just in the process of new band writing, old bands gigged the whole of the UK.

Yeah we should get back to Slash......:D

Sounds good, people slate Slash all the time, but always forget how many people start playing guitar because of him and his influence. His autobiography is a cracking read, too.

Don't forget Wylde and Malmsteen! :yes:

I'm not really into their musical style but the technical accuracy and skill of those two is astounding. When Zakk sweep picks with such minimal effort and Malmsteen plays some bizarre scale which he somehow manages to turn into some badass arpeggios....it's ****ing awesome.

Edge, the SCOM solo is a work of art.

I love the pentatonic riff where the wahwah kicks in and then he does those three screeeeaaming bends, followed by the sweep picked lick with the wah still going.

Amazing.

No matter how I tweak my gear, I can't get that incredible tone he has. Can't compete with his secret spec custom-built Marshall JVM's! :(

His new solo stuff is great, but my personal favourite thing he's done is "Ain't it fun" - GnR. He really does make his Les Paul cry.

Zakk is another of my favorites. It's an old school style, but with a modern twist. Him and Slash are my fave 2, Joe Perry just behind them.

I love Zakks camo custom LP !!! Check out this video of Zakk:

... ****ing amazing!

I'm not really into their musical style but the technical accuracy and skill of those two is astounding. When Zakk sweep picks with such minimal effort and Malmsteen plays some bizarre scale which he somehow manages to turn into some badass arpeggios....it's ****ing awesome.

I love the pentatonic riff where the wahwah kicks in and then he does those three screeeeaaming bends, followed by the sweep picked lick with the wah still going.

Amazing.

No matter how I tweak my gear, I can't get that incredible tone he has. Can't compete with his secret spec custom-built Marshall JVM's! :(

His new solo stuff is great, but my personal favourite thing he's done is "Ain't it fun" - GnR. He really does make his Les Paul cry.

Sorry to be picky, but he doesn't sweep pick in that solo, and when the wah kicks in it's the E harmonic minor scale :razz:

Amazing.

Coma is awesome too!!!

I love his blues rock style, thats where i'm at home!

I'd love to trade my JCM800 for his new AFD JCM800

Archived