onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bob Young on RS

Jacko51

Hi Steve,

I was a bit disappointed 96 pax had said they were coming but more like 50-60 turned up.

There was a company from Hanley who made a half hour presentation / workshop with an interesting line on how to look at your business and how to improve it.

Also Mike Aldridge (former Vale marketing manager in Valiant 5,000 days) who is starting a new business called Port Vale plus card - basically companies sign up to it for a nominal fee and then utilise the pluscard website to promote their business to Vale fans with special discount offers.

All fans are to be issued with Port Vale pluscards free of any charge in the not too distant future so you can register onto the website and make use of the discounts being offered.

Mike sees it as the Port Vale community helping to promote their businesses and for fans to get special discounts on their goods.

Its a nominal sign up fee for the business between £89-£119 per year and, of course, its free for fans to access the site for the offers.

Obviously Mike is doing this to earn money for his company but 10% of all registration monies is being donated to the Port Vale Supporters Club.

I believe 10,000 cards are to be handed out at the turnstiles on future match dates.

Overall Steve there was room for improvement in how the meeting was presented and I'll pass my thoughts onto Chris Shaw.

I did take the opportunity to burn the ears a bit of Bob Young and his 2IC 'Julianne?' about the fact that despite winning a lot of games, and despite the Sentinel giving a double page positive report on PVFC after the Fleetwood game the club seemed to be taken by surprise that 1,500 extra fans turned up with quite a number not seeing much of the first half. Particularly pointing out that there was no-one from the club's management on the ground at the ticket office taking ownership of the escalating problem. I told him that IMHO the stadium manager should have prepared for the higher attendance and been in attendance himself to take control of the issue.

Advert

Thanks again dave

it again highlights the fact because we are fans we are expected to accept things perhaps we shouldn't, we can only hope things will perhaps change once we have new ownership

I am expecting the Vale to be run properly, which would include dialogue/consultation with its customers. The SC is already active for the majority, and no doubt a hospitality/box group could easily be formed if one does not exist.

• 1 month later...

Archived