onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Centre of Excellence/Half time Entertainment

Lady_Vale

Despite all the doom and gloom around at the moment the most enjoyable part of the Saturday was watching the Centre of Excellence at half-time and judging from the reaction around me most would probably agree.

I was really impressed with the standard for such a young group of players and it's a great to see young kids getting involved and taking pride in what they do.

The tall blonde lad, number 5 on the non-bibbed team really stood out and was roundly applauded by people around me after one particularly great little interception - a young McCombe in the making :D

I'd like to see this sort of thing every half-time and it really makes me feel Mo's suggestion of an Academy would be the way forward if the club could afford to invest under new ownership.

I'd love to see how they progress and I'm sure if more parents saw the standard at which these young kids have developed they might look to involve their own. More kids having an interest and learning a new discipline can only be a good thing for the area, Vale and Society in general.

Advert

Despite all the doom and gloom around at the moment the most enjoyable part of the Saturday was watching the Centre of Excellence at half-time and judging from the reaction around me most would probably agree.

I was really impressed with the standard for such a young group of players and it's a great to see young kids getting involved and taking pride in what they do.

The tall blonde lad, number 5 on the non-bibbed team really stood out and was roundly applauded by people around me after one particularly great little interception - a young McCombe in the making :D

I'd like to see this sort of thing every half-time and it really makes me feel Mo's suggestion of an Academy would be the way forward if the club could afford to invest under new ownership.

I'd love to see how they progress and I'm sure if more parents saw the standard at which these young kids have developed they might look to involve their own. More kids having an interest and learning a new discipline can only be a good thing for the area, Vale and Society in general.

Hear,hear.

Great post.

I also watched the majority of this match. Indeed the no.5 did stand out at the back, great positional sense and as mentioned a great interception. It's funny that you mention McCombe as I'm sure that they walked out together at the start of the match. He could be our own local McCombe in the making. The keeper on the bibbed side also caught the eye, he had great distribution - something the senior keepers need.

TBH I think it would be good for them and their parents if they were introduced to the crowd wouldn't take that long. That way if any of them made it we would possibly remember their names.

We possible might not be saying the number 5 was good we'd know his/her name. Perhaps even a picture sheet in the program.

TBH I think it would be good for them and their parents if they were introduced to the crowd wouldn't take that long. That way if any of them made it we would possibly remember their names.

We possible might not be saying the number 5 was good we'd know his/her name. Perhaps even a picture sheet in the program.

I agree, something like that could really kick them on and give them extra drive to succeed. If it's something these kids are really considering for the future it's important to give them that motivation.

There were a couple of lads that I knew when I was at school who lost that motivation particularly when their teens kicked in. With everything going on at that time in life it's easy to lose focus so if it gives them something to strive towards then it's only going to be beneficial.

Gobby should read their names/numbers out like he normally does, make a real meal of it. It's not every day you get to play/see your kids play on Vale turf, it would be great.

Things like this would be done more often if Vale had any common sense.

I agree 100%. I said at the time it was better than watching the real match. The youngsters were really impressive with good movement, passing and positional sense. They should play at half time every week. It would be benefitial for them and would also give us something decent to watch.

I agree 100%. I said at the time it was better than watching the real match. The youngsters were really impressive with good movement, passing and positional sense. They should play at half time every week. It would be benefitial for them and would also give us something decent to watch.

From a supporters point of view how great would it be to see the 'blonde number 5' or any of the others progress through to the senior yanks and know you've followed their progress throughout.

It's a nice touch and I'm sure the fans would be more inclined to support any players coming through in this way knowing where they have come from.

Great thread, really nice to read a positive one where the board can't be dragged in for a change!

I'd love to see the results and player profiles for at least the U16 and U17 teams placed on the website. It would be great to follow the teams and see how they're doing. I know we have a lot of teams at all age groups as I got asked to referee the U10's on a Sunday morning a few weeks ago, but couldn't as I do another league then, but it would have been nice to see how they were doing.

In light of Perry Deakin asking for questions from fans, perhaps it's worth you putting your excellent ideas to him via email LV?

Despite the comments about it not being any old local team, or to have them on every week, personally I'd like to see local junior sides get the chance to play on the pitch.

I asked years ago when my lot were diddlers about doing it, but didn't really seem to get anywhere. Got another lot just starting out that are 7 and 8 years old and I think it'd be great if every home game they did it with a different team.

Archived