onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lewis Haldane

NicoInSheppey

Advert

People on here still think we're still back in the 90's and we should be attracting a better class of player than the likes of Haldane. Some criticise the manager, backroom staff.................... others have slaughtered our leading strikers in the past for being idle.

It really does make me laugh!

Some think that Adams should'nt have re-signed the injury prone Haldane but hope that we sign the injury hit Dickinson!

Folk need a reality check. Port Vale play in the basement division, have been in administration twice in the last decade, we've had years of civil war from within, we do not have a owner and have struggled to pay our players wages.

Do good/decent players really want to join us.......... would you?

We need to be getting the best out of what we've got until the tide turns and that means getting behind the likes of Haldane. I bet if he reads some of the comments being written on here about him, I'm sure he won't be too encouraged to fight for his club/place or the supporters who obviously think so little of him!

They may both be injury hit, but Dickinson has far more quality than Haldane. Not to mention we already have a number of wingers and a lack of forwards.

Sentiments and 'little Port Vale' aside, giving the stricken Haldane a new contract in the summer is well on it's way to becoming a poor bit of business by Micky Adams.

They may both be injury hit, but Dickinson has far more quality than Haldane. Not to mention we already have a number of wingers and a lack of forwards.

Sentiments and 'little Port Vale' aside, giving the stricken Haldane a new contract in the summer is well on it's way to becoming a poor bit of business by Micky Adams.

Micky Adams was more of less standing next to Lewis Haldane at Tranmere when the injury occurred and possibly encouraging him to challenge for the ball. It may be that he is being compassionate as a result. But sometimes people have to be stood by and if the risk was reasonable but doesn't work out that has to be accepted.

Micky Adams was more of less standing next to Lewis Haldane at Tranmere and it may be that he is being compassionate as a result. But sometimes people have to be stood by and if the risk was reasonable but doesn't work out that has to be accepted.

In my opinion I just don't think he was a risk worth taking, as when he is on the pitch he has little to no end product despite having bags of pace. I'm not picking on Haldane as I wouldn't of signed up Rob Taylor either, as the latter hasn't progressed in any shape or form in his few years at the club. A fully fit Lewis Haldane I wouldn't begrudge a place in the squad as he could be a useful player to bring from the bench.

Anway, good luck to Lewis. Everyone would like to see him make a return and maybe justify the new contract he was given.

People on here still think we're still back in the 90's and we should be attracting a better class of player than the likes of Haldane. Some criticise the manager, backroom staff.................... others have slaughtered our leading strikers in the past for being idle.

Some think that Adams should'nt have re-signed the injury prone Haldane but hope that we sign the injury hit Dickinson!

Folk need a reality check. Port Vale play in the basement division, have been in administration twice in the last decade, we've had years of civil war from within, we do not have a owner and have struggled to pay our players wages.

We need to be getting the best out of what we've got until the tide turns and that means getting behind the likes of Haldane. I bet if he reads some of the comments being written on here about him, I'm sure he won't be too encouraged to fight for his club/place or the supporters who obviously think so little of him!

Total sense can only agree.

ps is vinnie jones a relative

Hope Lewis does recover and get back into the squad, he did have pace and could relieve pressure on the defence in a few strides,if he can get back to his pacey best then it would be like a new signing if not he'll probably be gone by christmas,shame but thats life. We seem to have a dubious minded lot on here tonight, whats the problem,don't you do sympathy towards injured players, crocked or not he's still one of OUR team, one of our players, we should all be wishing him a quick recovery instead of a wheelchair, if you can't wish him well then just keep quiet,don't let everyone know what an evil ,spiteful and hateful lot we have as psuedo-supporters. get behind the bl%%dy team,,all of them.

Hope Lewis does recover and get back into the squad, he did have pace and could relieve pressure on the defence in a few strides,if he can get back to his pacey best then it would be like a new signing if not he'll probably be gone by christmas,shame but thats life. We seem to have a dubious minded lot on here tonight, whats the problem,don't you do sympathy towards injured players, crocked or not he's still one of OUR team, one of our players, we should all be wishing him a quick recovery instead of a wheelchair, if you can't wish him well then just keep quiet,don't let everyone know what an evil ,spiteful and hateful lot we have as psuedo-supporters. get behind the bl%%dy team,,all of them.

Pointless rant. I can't see anyone who hasn't wished him a full recovery.

Well said. remember how Lewis came on at Dartford and played for 45 minutes despite not having played for ages due to injury. He turned it around and helped earn a replay.

He looked ring rusty and hardly got a touch. On that day I didn't think he looked ready to be thrown in.

We were lucky to score that day, and when we did, it was bundled in from a set piece.

All of this is pointless as Dickinson is a far better player than Haldane, a player worth taking a risk on as he contributes to the team and would help us improve. We have wingers at the club already who are much better than Haldane, the forwards are not as good as Dickinson hence why we need him. I wish Haldane all the best but we should let him go, we shouldn't have give him a contract in the first place in my opinion, it would at least free up a bit of cash.

Dickinson is still recovering from his injury and subsequent operation, he might never recover to be the player he was and at his current rate of progress he wont be ready before christmas and with no pre season, if signed, a few subs appearances is all we can hope for.It will be next season that we shall see a fully fit Dickinson if all goes well with his recuperation.

Dickinson is still recovering from his injury and subsequent operation, he might never recover to be the player he was and at his current rate of progress he wont be ready before christmas and with no pre season, if signed, a few subs appearances is all we can hope for.It will be next season that we shall see a fully fit Dickinson if all goes well with his recuperation.

What!?!? If signed he will only make a few sub appearances, that's just blatantly wrong..... Your point about him not being as good as he was is also irrelevant as the same can be said about Haldane, who was poor before his injury. Imagin how good he'd be after injury

All of this is pointless as Dickinson is a far better player than Haldane, a player worth taking a risk on as he contributes to the team and would help us improve. We have wingers at the club already who are much better than Haldane, the forwards are not as good as Dickinson hence why we need him. I wish Haldane all the best but we should let him go, we shouldn't have give him a contract in the first place in my opinion, it would at least free up a bit of cash.

All of what you wrote is pointless!!

You think that Dickinson is worth taking a risk with (but not Haldane) Everything you have written is hypothetical and merely your opinion. You cannot state that Dickinson will contribute to the team and you cannot say he will help us improve. You cannot even say he will join us. especially if other clubs become interested in such a highly rated player with Dickinson's ability, who would have by then regained his fitness.

You also think that Adams should not have given Haldane a new contract (in your opinion) Is your knowledge of professional footballers such that you know more than MA? Are you stating that our manager is sentimental?

I stuck to facts and spoke of backing/supporting the players we have. I'm certainly not talking about bringing in injured players who are months from regaining fitness like you are!

And you have the nerve to say my post is pointless.................... Get real!!!!!!!!

All of what you wrote is pointless!!

You think that Dickinson is worth taking a risk with (but not Haldane) Everything you have written is hypothetical and merely your opinion. You cannot state that Dickinson will contribute to the team and you cannot say he will help us improve. You cannot even say he will join us. especially if other clubs become interested in such a highly rated player with Dickinson's ability, who would have by then regained his fitness.

You also think that Adams should not have given Haldane a new contract (in your opinion) Is your knowledge of professional footballers such that you know more than MA? Are you stating that our manager is sentimental?

I stuck to facts and spoke of backing/supporting the players we have. I'm certainly not talking about bringing in injured players who are months from regaining fitness like you are!

And you have the nerve to say my post is pointless.................... Get real!!!!!!!!

Utter rubbish Dickinson > Haldane it's not hard to understand. Haldane has never been good enough

Archived