onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lewis Haldane

NicoInSheppey

If we could sign anyone, why this obsession with Dickinson? He isn't fit yet which suggests his injury was quite serious and we don't know if he will he the same player he was if and when he does get fit. He could be another Lee Matthews for all we know.

Advert

I do feel sorry for Lewis and really hope that if he is to retire then he goes on to be successful in what he chooses to do BUT i would also hope that his and Artell's money could be used to at least try and bring Dickinson in.

I think that is down to the support the club is getting through the turnstiles, if the gate continues to be below 5000 then that won't happen, so we all have a part to play in signing Dickinson

We need to attend the games otherwise we can't expect admins to even think about it!!

We should never have extended his contract' date=' not when the club itself is on the brink. We can't afford to carry people. Bob Young's attendance figure could have been around 4900 had we not signed him on. A sentimental move by Adams, not the same Adams who put the whole team on the transfer list is it?[/quote']

shouldn't have bought him in the first place, has been rubbish from the start.

I think that is down to the support the club is getting through the turnstiles, if the gate continues to be below 5000 then that won't happen, so we all have a part to play in signing Dickinson

We need to attend the games otherwise we can't expect admins to even think about it!!

well said carpetman.

In my opinion Lewis Haldane carries the ball well and when tackled usually at least causes a contest that leads to a throw in. His areas of improvement are crossing and passing with more care on occassions. I am not a great fan of Taylor his alternative the last few years. Although he is better round the edge of the box, when he loses the ball he subjects us to a counter attack in to the void he leaves behind because he has no robustness about him. Both are injury prone, and Myrie Williams at least is far higher level player potentially. If he gets his right foot working more he is off to a Championship club. But I hope Haldane can come back, he could do a job when needed.

I've always liked Lewis, he doesn't mess about - gets the ball and takes off, and relieves pressure on the team. He's missing an end product but always feel the opposition are wary to throw too many forward when he plays. Hope he recovers, I was optomistic he was starting to show improvement until his injury at Tranmere, and the fact he was playing up front suggests Mickey felt the same way.

Feel sorry for Haldane, he's had it tough since his insect bite.

Having said this, Port Vale comes first before any player. Like I said at the time, I don't feel Adams should have offered a contract to Haldane. If it is as unpromising it sounds I feel it would be best for all concerned - player and club - if he went to find a new career.

In my opinion he was never quite good enough even before his unfortunate injury and should of been released to make room for somebody who can contribute to the side.

That said, he's been really unlucky and I think even people who don't rate him as a player only wish him the very best for his future whether it's in football or not.

People on here still think we're still back in the 90's and we should be attracting a better class of player than the likes of Haldane. Some criticise the manager, backroom staff.................... others have slaughtered our leading strikers in the past for being idle.

It really does make me laugh!

Some think that Adams should'nt have re-signed the injury prone Haldane but hope that we sign the injury hit Dickinson!

Folk need a reality check. Port Vale play in the basement division, have been in administration twice in the last decade, we've had years of civil war from within, we do not have a owner and have struggled to pay our players wages.

Do good/decent players really want to join us.......... would you?

We need to be getting the best out of what we've got until the tide turns and that means getting behind the likes of Haldane. I bet if he reads some of the comments being written on here about him, I'm sure he won't be too encouraged to fight for his club/place or the supporters who obviously think so little of him!

Archived