onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Trouble Ahead?

AlienTitWrench

Hi Guys,

Thought i would share an email i received today from my sister in law living in Australia. She doesnt really follow Vale so doesnt know whats what. She was trying to get a Birthday present for my brother.

Hi Phillip,

I emailed Port Vale a few weeks ago asking when the new strip was coming out and had no reply. So today I phoned them and spoke to a really grumpy git who told me they were still in administration and they won't be coming out of it any time soon!! He said that he doesn't think that they will be getting a new football shirt in the near future and that the team are playing friendlies in last years strip!

I will keep and eye on their website to see what happens!

Hope you both are well, Zoe xx

Any truth in this, or just a misinformed miserable member of staff?

Advert

She is correct. The new strip will not be available anytime soon. I know that all friendlies will be played in last years strip and hopefully a new kit will be sorted by start of season. KR does not want an off the peg strip.

All contracts with V2001 end with V2001. New contracts need to be created with kit suppliers and sponsors for the new company. So there are six stages here - complete takeover, find sponsor, tender kit suppliers, order new kit, manufacture new kit and take delivery of new kit. Mr Ryder may have the sponsorship issue in hand in conjunction perhaps with the administrator. But if not, and there is a need to start from scratch, I don't suppose that could be done very quickly - i.e. less than say a month or so. May have to use the old kit with the old sponsor for a while longer.

All contracts with V2001 end with V2001. New contracts need to be created with kit suppliers and sponsors for the new company. So there are six stages here - complete takeover, find sponsor, tender kit suppliers, order new kit, manufacture new kit and take delivery of new kit. Mr Ryder may have the sponsorship issue in hand in conjunction perhaps with the administrator. But if not, and there is a need to start from scratch, I don't suppose that could be done very quickly - i.e. less than say a month or so. May have to use the old kit with the old sponsor for a while longer.

Not according to Bob Young as he said at the packed out KR meeting that KR may not be able to get out of the Azure deal and it was a very bad deal for the club (just like a few of us said it was at the time when a lot on here were blowing smoke rings up Perry's backside saying how ace he was).

Whoever spoke to the lady did a great job didn't they?. In fact so good he deserves the 'sack'. The PR shown is nothing short of disgraceful.

Even though he was speaking the truth having had to work in an environment which basically means he has been unable to do his job for most of this year and has had his hands tied since Deakin got involved. Just think how frustrated fans are, it must be even worse for the clubs employees.

Your response is an over reaction IMO.

Archived