onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Players sign!

bobbymanc

Lee Hughes would score 30 goals. He made a mistake, he did his time, he has since apologised to the family and does a lot of work for charity and raising awareness about drink driving and the dangers.

He is still under contract and the rumour has come from their fans.

Advert

We badly needed a couple of decent wingers and now we seemingly have two in Myrie-Williams and Vincent. Excellent. It also means that we could play Shuker in midfield to give us that bit of creativity, perhaps with Murphy beside him if he's a strong player that gets his foot in. I'd still like to see Doug Loft in midfield but he can do a job wherever he plays.

And do people really think that Adams will be happy with Pope, Williamson and Dodds as his forward options? I should imagine another forward is one of his priorities.

I know that we need to rally behind the team now but I am a little underwhelmed by the signings.

Rome wasn't built in a day. We've just signed 3 players who were playing in League One last season, one of whom was targeted by one of the two moneybags teams in this division. All three players know what it takes to get out of this division.

This is a great start, but that's all it is. A start. Unfortunately people seem to think we're now going to sign a team of world beaters, but it doesn't work that way. You need a squad to go up, a squad with experience, talent and above all a squad that doesn't bankrupt the club.

There's still a long way to go until August, but this is a decent start. There are still plenty more fish out there in the sea.

What's with all this underwhelmed nonsense? What are people seriously expecting?

Both Myrie-Williams and Vincent would of walked into our side last season. Murphy I know less about but he's played in a higher division, let's at least give him a chance to show what he brings to the table.

What we need, and want we will get, are two different things, on paper good signings and its a start. Where do we get a proven center forward from though!!! we may have targets but we will need to break the bank to get them!!!

Our playing budget may be increased but i,m sure Mr Ryder will not be throwing money hand over fist at the Team at such an early stage in his reign....I live in hope but atm i,m just grateful we have a club.............And anything after that is a bonus...;-)

Before another thread gets ruined by idiot arguments I'll have a say.

We have got to be happy with the 3 signings, JMW is the type of player we have been crying out for. A new striker to latch onto his crosses is the next aim.

The worrying bit is that both didn't play much due to injury last season lets hope MA's tough pre-season regime gets them both fit.

Exactly my thoughts when I read the wiki entries - I just hope they don't spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch.

I'd take Hughes at the vale any day!! Well better than what we have got at the vale!!

And great start for the signings,!JMW looked good last season!!

Soon as Ryder is in will be interesting too see how much he has set aside for transfers.. After all these 3 are free.. Only wage budget is affected so I'm sure he will make money available too snatch a few signings... We can't just expect freebies can we...

Archived