onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Promotion Odds

RichG

Advert

Just because you lose doesn't make it a bad bet.

40/1 today could be incredible if we compete the takeover on friday and sign a few names that could do the business.

Especially in league two, there is ALWAYS a surprise package. And I will certainly be having money at 40/1 on it being us, as that represents value. I'm basically betting that we wont be anywhere near 40/1 when we finish asembling our squad, rather than that we will actually win the league or place.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Losing money is a pi sser aint it!!!!!!!! :laugh::laugh:

Can't believe that quote. You must be loaded if you can lose money that readily. Give me some of your cash please :shifty:

Impossible to call at the moment how we will fare next season.

Give it a few weeks or at least a month till a few new faces have come in.:yes: Have faith. I'm as gutted as anyone that our top scorer left but you never know what may happen next season.

We need to bring in six quality players imo if we're to be challenging for promotion next season, players who will make a real difference to our team.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Losing money is a pi sser aint it!!!!!!!! :laugh::laugh:

Can't believe that quote. You must be loaded if you can lose money that readily. Give me some of your cash please :shifty:

If you think something has a 50/50 chance of winning, a fair price would be even money.

If you walk into the bookies and they're offering 100/1 on this selection, it would be wise to back it regardless of whether it wins or not. Any selection is 'value' if the odds offered are greater than you believe they should be. If you're a knowledgeable punter, this is the way to profit in the long-term. It's not as simple as having a bet and it winning or losing.

The 40/1 on Vale at the moment seems fair. To the bookies, Vale are a side who seem to lurch from one crisis to another and have never even made the play-offs since we were relegated to this level. They'd rather be on the short side of some of the southern sides who the punters come for every season (aka Southend) to try to prevent carrying a sizeable liability on one selection.

Evens..........10-1..........40-1........... a million to one..............What relevance are the odds if the bet loses????????? The knowlegeable punter still has lost his/her stake and therefore their money.

But, as I have said already to all you very wise and clever punters who know everything about the world of gambling and hence are all extremely wealthy Vale fans, good luck with your esoteric, recondite knowledge.

Evens..........10-1..........40-1........... a million to one..............What relevance are the odds if the bet loses????????? The knowlegeable punter still has lost his/her stake and therefore their money.

But, as I have said already to all you very wise and clever punters who know everything about the world of gambling and hence are all extremely wealthy Vale fans, good luck with your esoteric, recondite knowledge.

a bet is luck, simple as that. you never know what will happen. a few years i stuck a fiver on a rugby side called pertemps bees to beat the european champions wasps.it was 80-1, a real no hoper.but luck was on their side and they caused possibly the biggest upset in rugby history.

you never know what will happen, so a 10 quid bet on a 40-1 is worth a punt. we could have a great run, 20 games unbeaten....but then again we could go 20 games without a win.a bet is about luck, not neccesarily about knowledge.

What does "Each Way" mean?? :unsure:

The alternative term is 'Win and Place.Two stakes ,one for the win part and one for the place part.So £10 ew or win and place costs £20.If the selection ( Vale) wins the league you get paid out in both win and place.If they say finish 3rd you get paid out on the place part only.So if Vale are 40/1 to win the league the place terms will probably be 1/4 odds 1,2,3( possibly4)equating to 10/1.£10 ew at 40/1 and the win gets you £410(win) and £110( place) total returns = £. 520.If they don't win the league but are placed say second or third total returns = £ 110.;)

Archived