onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Promotion Odds

RichG

Advert

Contrary to what some may think betting odds aren't based just on probability. Punters may have backed other teams hard meaning our odds will drift. Is it 40/1 to win the league or 40/1 to get promoted? If it is to get promoted then there will be no E/W betting on it but are very good odds.

The odds are rediculously high for a reason

yeah because we have lost some good players, but as stated, no one knows who we will sign.so 40-1 is a great bet, especially when you look at it like this, if it werent for administration we would of finished 3 points outside the playoffs.now only a few players have left, yes ok the top goalscorer is gone, but no one is irreplaceable.have faith, theres a brighter future ahead.

The Stokie bookies 365 are offering 10/1 'For promotion' which given that offers FOUR chances may seem very generous IF KR spashes the cash in a couple of weeks time?! Chesterfield are something like 10/1 to win the thing, I'll take the four chances available on us at the SAME odds everytime!.....

Bookies......as most off us know, are no mugs. They make a very good living out of being savvy with their predictions and they take advantage of people that bet with their hearts and not their heads.

Every year we have a small thread by the same people saying that Vale are a great bet for promotion, but the same people never start a new thread in May to let us know how much money they lost.

In admin.........sold the top scorer........and a long history without success or promotion, I'd say that the bookies have their odds about right again.

This does not mean that I'm a pessimist, It makes me pragmatic. Good luck to anyone that backs us, but my money will be either in my pocket or betting on other things. (for a bit of fun, like)

Bookies......as most off us know, are no mugs. They make a very good living out of being savvy with their predictions and they take advantage of people that bet with their hearts and not their heads.

Every year we have a small thread by the same people saying that Vale are a great bet for promotion, but the same people never start a new thread in May to let us know how much money they lost.

In admin.........sold the top scorer........and a long history without success or promotion, I'd say that the bookies have their odds about right again.

This does not mean that I'm a pessimist, It makes me pragmatic. Good luck to anyone that backs us, but my money will be either in my pocket or betting on other things. (for a bit of fun, like)

Just because you lose doesn't make it a bad bet.

40/1 today could be incredible if we compete the takeover on friday and sign a few names that could do the business.

Especially in league two, there is ALWAYS a surprise package. And I will certainly be having money at 40/1 on it being us, as that represents value. I'm basically betting that we wont be anywhere near 40/1 when we finish asembling our squad, rather than that we will actually win the league or place.

Archived