onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Your Ideal Team For Next Season?

valerule4ever

well if he's looking at signing chilvers as well as the center backs we have one can only imagine it will be 352, can we get any worse than adam yates at wing back? Plus that is just a side put together with rumours of players we are in for!

Advert

GK Tommo/Ben smith

CB mccombe/ Mccdonald

CB Owen

CB Chilvers

RWB j m Williams

LWB l ainsworth

CM loft

CM Shuker

CM Dodds

SC Ryan Lowe

SC Tom Pope

Its not championship manager! Pretty much 6/7 attacking players and 3 defenders?

I pray we don't play 5 at the back this season. If we do then it will say a lot about our ambitions for the year.

If he signs a couple of wingers then i think he might be thinking of starting Shuker with a free reign in the middle,he would certainly be able to create things.

I agree wholeheartedly, I think with a pre season under his belt Shuker can cause mayhem at this level.

well if he's looking at signing chilvers as well as the center backs we have one can only imagine it will be 352, can we get any worse than adam yates at wing back? Plus that is just a side put together with rumours of players we are in for!

Try putting them in their actual positions then instead of wingback.

I agree wholeheartedly, I think with a pre season under his belt Shuker can cause mayhem at this level.

Shuker keeps the game flowing,busy and a good passer.Ideal in CMid.Move Lofty in there with him gives us a good engine room.I'd play Davies from the start along with a new centre half.The rest I wouldn't have at the club.So we need 8 new players IMO.

g/k new signing ..... Carlo Nash???

r/b new signing

l/b loft

c/b McCombe/davies

c/b new signing..... Pablo Mills/Chilvers

r/m Dodds

c/m Shuker

c/m new signing

l/m new signing.... Ainsworth

c/f new signing.... Draper?

c/f new signing.... McCloud (i wish)

I've attempted to place some of the rumour signings into the gaps, personally if they were true we could be in business.

If you talking about Ross draper he's a Center mid

GK - Tomlinson: Not the greatest keeper, but in this league he is more than good enough.

RB - Yates: Again, solid performer at this level. Would release if we were promoted, however

CB - McCombe: Another solid performer

CB - New Signing: Fast centre back to add some much needed pace alongside McCombe

LB - New Signing: This position hasn't really been filled in the last few years - we really need a proper left back!

CDM - New Signing: Another hard tackling midfielder, that can then lay the ball off to the other two centre mids. Really needed if we play Shuker as his size makes him a bit lightweight, regardless of his skill.

CM - Shuker: Useful little player, think he could be a good player for us next year with a pre-season behind him.

CM - New Signing: A more attacking style of midfielder who can score a few - we need some goals from the midfield!

RW - Loft: I was really impressed with Loft out wide last season, a lot more impressed than when he's in the middle of the park. He has a good cross and can run up and down the wings, so he'd be good at getting back and helping the left back out, too.

ST - New Signing: THE most important signing. Just need to concentrate on getting a big, strong, experienced centre forward! Even if it eats up some of the wage bill...

LW - Dodds: Let him start most of the games, and watch him get a decent 15 goal tally.

Subs:

CB - McDonald

CM - New Signing: Or Burge, if he regains some form of fitness

RM - New Signing: Someone in the same mold as Taylor, but on the right - Izaak Reid would be my ideal choice.

LM - Taylor: Fast, pacy, and can playing anywhere on the left

ST - New Signing: I'd like this to be a non league striker who scored a good tally last year - I think we've been linked with someone like that anyway

Reserves - A replica of the first team, but with players aged 16 - 21 that have been released by bigger clubs/come through our youth set up. This way they can fill in when called upon, get good experience, and might not cost too much either! We might discover some real gems, which would either sell for profit, or break into our first team.

GK - Johnson

RB

CB - Davis

CB

LB - Would have probably kept Roe

CDM - James

CM - Thorley (I'm not sure whether he's still with us or not? Also not sure whether he was a central player, or a wide right player - I'm sure someone will correct me)

CM

RW

ST

LW - Lloyd

I know I haven't included Williamson, Owen, Pope, and probably a few others, but these are players I would have personally released.

Shuker keeps the game flowing,busy and a good passer.Ideal in CMid.Move Lofty in there with him gives us a good engine room.I'd play Davies from the start along with a new centre half.The rest I wouldn't have at the club.So we need 8 new players IMO.

Whilst I like loft in midfield, personally i feel that an anchorman in midfield is easier to find than a good leftback. If theirs a better left back in our league than Loft I haven't sen him. I also think Loft could get 4/5/6 goals from left back. IMO he wouldn't get many more from centre mid.

Realistically, providing the contracts are signed - Tomlinson, McCombe, MacDonald, Yates, Loft, Shuker, Dodds and Pope are all likely to start. Add to that Chilvers, Myrie-Williams/Ainsworth and another striker to replace Rico.

Tomlinson

Yates

McCombe

MacDonald

New left-back

Dodds

Shuker

Loft

Myrie-Williams?

Pope

New striker

New signing 1

New signing 2

Mccombe Davis

New signing 3

Shuker

Loft

New signing 7 winger with pace to utilise Vales very big Pitch

New Signing 11 to compliment the other winger also be lightning fast.

Pope

New signing who is above and beyond league 2 level must be quick and nimble a McPhee type that can stretch slow cumbersome centre halves.

Subs

Tomlinson, Morsy ,another new striker signing who can mix it up if behind in games,McDonald ,Yates ,R Taylor , Williamson.Dodds.

All in all we need a few crowd pleasers plus a proven goal scorer and able back up goal scorer, new full backs and a goalie although wouldn't be that bothered if Tommo starts.

I think Shuker and Loft could be a very good central partnership so I'd give that a go.

Pope gets in cause with a more mobile partner will in my opinion make the team at least 50 per cent better ,no offence to MR but when we were behind in matches his efforts hardly were noticeable.

Vale if Adams is cunning and able a manager as I believe he is will turn our no hope club into well respected high up the table winners.

Hope so eternally :)

that's unusual you slagged off Richards again, yet praise pope

If dodds is to be as affective as most believe he can be he shouldnt be played on the wing, he should be played in behind the strikers.

If davis signs on then id give him his chance at cb.

A proper left back we need.

A rico replacement.

Jmw and lionel ainsworth if rumours are to believed are going to be great for us too.

And finally a holding midfielder that can break up attacks aswell as start attacks for us.

If dodds is to be as affective as most believe he can be he shouldnt be played on the wing, he should be played in behind the strikers.

If davis signs on then id give him his chance at cb.

A proper left back we need.

A rico replacement.

Jmw and lionel ainsworth if rumours are to believed are going to be great for us too.

And finally a holding midfielder that can break up attacks aswell as start attacks for us.

Why? What have you seen that forms this judgement? The only time he's ever played there was a 5-0 defeat to Rotherham. I must admit that I thought that way at first, but he's so much more effective on the wing - or even up top as a striker. At Lincoln and the Vale, he scored around 10 goals a season without playing consistently, from a wide position. Plus his form at the end of last season in that forward three should be evidence enough.

GK - New Signing - Ben Smith?

RB - New Signing

CB - John McCombe

CB - New Signing - I like Joe Davis but i think he still needs to learn. Pacey CB needed.

LB - Doug Loft - Every game he played there, he was superb. Micky Adams likes him there as well.

RW - New Signing - Myrie Williams? Pacey and was impressive when on loan.

CM - Shuker - Good passer of the ball. Played well there i thought.

CM - New Signing - Any big, strong tackler who can also pass and link well with Shuker.

LW - New Signing - Lionel Ainsworth? One of the best wingers in the league without doubt.

CF - Dodds - Best finisher at the club apparently. Would easily get 15 goals there.

ST - New Signing - A proven goalscorer. I think Micky Adams will go for Liam Dickinson.

SUBS:-

Tomlinson, Yates, McDonald or Owen, New CM?, Taylor, Pope, Williamson

In Reserve:-

Johnson, Lloyd, James, Morsy, Haldane, Burge

I think a 4-4-1-1 formation will work for next season. I believe about 8 new players are needed but i also think we have too many centre backs. Owen or Mcdonald should have been released as well as either Taylor or Haldane. Get a few good signings who are proven and i think we will be up there next season!

New signing 1

New signing 2

Mccombe Davis

New signing 3

Shuker

Loft

New signing 7 winger with pace to utilise Vales very big Pitch

New Signing 11 to compliment the other winger also be lightning fast.

Pope

New signing who is above and beyond league 2 level must be quick and nimble a McPhee type that can stretch slow cumbersome centre halves.

Subs

Tomlinson, Morsy ,another new striker signing who can mix it up if behind in games,McDonald ,Yates ,R Taylor , Williamson.Dodds.

All in all we need a few crowd pleasers plus a proven goal scorer and able back up goal scorer, new full backs and a goalie although wouldn't be that bothered if Tommo starts.

I think Shuker and Loft could be a very good central partnership so I'd give that a go.

Pope gets in cause with a more mobile partner will in my opinion make the team at least 50 per cent better ,no offence to MR but when we were behind in matches his efforts hardly were noticeable.

Vale if Adams is cunning and able a manager as I believe he is will turn our no hope club into well respected high up the table winners.

Hope so eternally :)

Slating Richards again? Pope puts effort in because thats all he does. All effort no end product.

Archived