Cheer or Jeer?

PVTony

When Chesterfield come to Vale park will Rico be cheered or jeered since he left the club to play for an opposing team?

Did he leave purely for the higher wages and is he telling porkies when he says that he joined because of Chesterfield's ambitions?

See : Richards happy with move Chesterfield new boy Marc Richards admits the club's ambition persuaded him to turn down a number of other offers to move to the b2net Stadium. May 25, 2012 9:30am Sky Sports

Advert:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It had to be a money decision, they could have no more ambition than Micky and the club have. Can't blame him for going for the cash though, at this stage in his career he has to look after himself and his family.

When Chesterfield come to Vale park will Rico be cheered or jeered since he left the club to play for an opposing team?

Did he leave purely for the higher wages and is he telling porkies when he says that he joined because of Chesterfield's ambitions?

See : Richards happy with move Chesterfield new boy Marc Richards admits the club's ambition persuaded him to turn down a number of other offers to move to the b2net Stadium. May 25, 2012 9:30am Sky Sports

Definitely cheer

If we jeer him he'll only go and score a hat trick against us! He has been a decent servant to the club, and let's be honest 5 seasons is a long time now for a player to stay especially with what has happened during his time here(Admin,Foyle,Glover,Sinnott,Gannon sacked), gone are the days when players spend there whole career at 1 club!

Advert:

It had to be a money decision, they could have no more ambition than Micky and the club have.

The two halfs of that statement might be a little at odds with each other! :(

Perhaps he could bring his pedestal back with him, that most of the posters on this site have put him on.They could then erect it next to the sproson statue.Then roy himself can be in the shadow of this modern day roy of the rovers.Get real he was always going to the highest bidder, when he said he was keeping his options open.

Advert:

Boo him.

Fair enough he has been brilliant and was loyal during a rough period, but we need to forget all the sentimental rubbish just like he did when he signed for Chesterfield.

He will score, and he will celebrate. He is a wind up merchant, of course he will.

If we get on his back there is more chance of him getting sent off. I don't care about Marc Richards, I care about Port Vale.

give him a round of applause and leave it at that . don't make him feel singled out by abusing him for 90 mins as this could backfire , by ignoring his performance it will show that he is not being missed ! fingers crossed.

btw , he went for the cash (only) and i don't blame him . he is kidding no one when he says it was for the ambitious nature of the challenge.

Advert:

Cheer before kick off, then get Boom or McDonald or someone to scrape their studs down his dodgy ankle :unsure:

Not that I'd condone it, but I'm sure the idea has already crossed their minds.

Jeer. He left for the money and hes hardly a Valiants legend. Hopefully he gets taken off/sent off/injured so we can all have a good laugh and cheer.

Had he left for a team in the league above, fair play i would have cheered if we drew them in the cup, but the fact he left for chesterfield who we hate anyway i will definately be booing him.

Archived