onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

unmoved by adele

mr burslem

Advert

I've just realised Wuthering Heights was a hit 34 years ago.. Wonder if Adele would be a topic of interest in 34 years time? Or any of today's artists for that matter..:unsure:

Only time will tell.

Did Kate Bush gain any fame outside of the UK?

I can't believe anyone's actually having this debate.

Kate bush is a musical genius, from a young age writing incredible songs and coming up with concepts no one would ever think of, and is an inspiration to a ridonk amount of artists (including me).

Adele had her education paid for through private/britschool where she was found and fourty year old men in suits sitting round a table write songs for her and brand her and she does what she's told.

there isn't even a comparison!!

Adele had her education paid for through private/britschool where she was found and fourty year old men in suits sitting round a table write songs for her and brand her and she does what she's told.

I've no axe to grind over Adele but if you read the info in the link below it suggests otherwise from some of the above.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adele_(singer)

Kate Bush is very creative and has her own style but for me, some of the songs Adele has released are more appealing than anything Kate Bush wrote/sang. Adele's success has already spread far from the shores of the UK, I've heard her records in Spain, in many areas of the USA, she was the subject of a "60 Minutes" documentary in the USA and appeared on "Saturday Night Live" a cult show, she is already a world star which cannot be said of Kate Bush.

The following phrase from Wikipedia says it all, "Billboard also announced the same day that Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" is the biggest crossover hit of the past 25 years, topping rock, pop, AC, R&B/hip-hop, dance and Latin charts and that Adele is one of four female artists to have an album chart at number one for more than 13 weeks (the other three artists being Judy Garland, Carole King, and Whitney Houston)".

Wow! Paul really loves Adele!

I just like some of her songs, great to drive to and have a personal sing song. Also, she's not my type as I go for the much more petite type (before the wife that is). Must admit just to look at, i much prefer Kate Bush than Adele!

I've no axe to grind over Adele but if you read the info in the link below it suggests otherwise from some of the above.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adele_(singer)

Kate Bush is very creative and has her own style but for me, some of the songs Adele has released are more appealing than anything Kate Bush wrote/sang. Adele's success has already spread far from the shores of the UK, I've heard her records in Spain, in many areas of the USA, she was the subject of a "60 Minutes" documentary in the USA and appeared on "Saturday Night Live" a cult show, she is already a world star which cannot be said of Kate Bush.

The following phrase from Wikipedia says it all, "Billboard also announced the same day that Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" is the biggest crossover hit of the past 25 years, topping rock, pop, AC, R&B/hip-hop, dance and Latin charts and that Adele is one of four female artists to have an album chart at number one for more than 13 weeks (the other three artists being Judy Garland, Carole King, and Whitney Houston)".

I know for a fact a lot of that information is nonsense.

An interview with her is supposed to prove what?

It proves that the facts I quoted, which you called nonsense, are true. The program 60 Minutes is independant, very well respected in the USA and the journalists are likewise. There's no disputing what I wrote are true facts and that your statement about nonsense is totally incorrect.

It proves that the facts I quoted, which you called nonsense, are true. The program 60 Minutes is independant, very well respected in the USA and the journalists are likewise. There's no disputing what I wrote are true facts and that your statement about nonsense is totally incorrect.

Lol, ok.

Archived