onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams

NicoInSheppey

just out of curiosity, if MA walks of his own volition does he forfiet or pick-up his contract payout?

If he walks out and wants to go to gillingham and no compensation can be agreed then the club could place him on "gardening leave" preventing him from taking up another position. I'm sure this happened to Steve Bruce when he left palace to go to Birmingham ??

Advert

I may be wide of the mark and if i am then i would like to apologise in advance to Mickey but i just get the impression that he will leave and walk out to got to Gillingham.I think he will make a statement 'that he doesn't share the same vision as Ryder' or some other rubbish like that to use as a smokescreen because he simply isn't up to the task of re building the team. i may be wrong but it is just the impression i get.

This week the club did really need a pick me up media release and a positive news story of looking forward and mickey is excited at the prospect of new faces when Ryder has taken over. Or any rubbish like that. Instead it is a negative press release from Adams quickly followed on the BBC website that a title charge is imminent. For me the damage had already been done with this hands tied behind his back story. What a media disaster.

I think the Griff / Rico leaving factor will be a domino effect and all of our so called better players will reject the contract offers and leave. We will be left with Haldane who seems to have more injuries and misfortune than Mr Bump from the Mr men books.

If Mickey leaves then in my opinion it will be no bad thing. Taking into account the final league standing of each season he has been here we haven't been good enough. I would love someone like Paul Sturrock to manage us. He turned around Southend when they were at a low point and he seems to have the bottle to really build a team from scratch and get them playing.

Looking back obviously with the benefit of hindsight the whole appointment of MA was a mistake. I really really do wonder sometimes where we would be if John Ward has been given the job.

so what you are saying in your drivel ,is that it would be a good thing if MA left. ...

for a man on 140k per annum and by his own admission money to spend next season why does he need to be looking elsewhere ? especially when he says he doesn't need the cash ! time will tell .

Exactly

I also doubt very much that Gills can afford to buy out his contract

I m so sorry that you think my posts are drivel, I forgot that you are the Charles dickens of OVF and yes well done that is exactly what I m saying.

The point about lack of PR is spot on. I bet even Charles Dickens woulldnt have dreamed up Aspin for England!

Archived