onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tommo

valiant_593

Advert

I personally think Tommo is alright for our level. Yes he makes mistakes but when you watch the football league show, some of the howlers on there are far worse. Take Accrington away for example, their keeper gifted us two goals.

If we go up a division then I agree we need a better keeper, but in League 2, he's ok.

I've been saying all season Tomlinson's muscle bound and it hinders his game. I don't rate him at all and he's cost us loads of points this season through spilling the ball or dreadful positioning.

Trouble is Chris Martin has lost his way and gone from a promising young keeper to an error prone understudy.

I think we need a proven decent keeper for next season and continue with Martin as back up in the hope he can get back on track and improve; if he can't he'll have to go as well.

Looks like Macc are doomed and their keeper Jose Vega has always struck me as pretty decent at L2 level although I haven't seen a lot of him, so maybe we could take advantage of their misfortune? (We could also go for Nat Brown as a replacement for McDonald).

Tommo should decide if he he wants to be a male model/body builder, or a professional football league goalkeeper. It's up to him. But you can't be both. Good goalies are lithe, not muscle bound.

i totally understand what you are saying, however a certain peter schmeichel was a pretty big lad. ok he wasnt a body builder, but he wasnt exactly scrawny was he?

i totally understand what you are saying, however a certain peter schmeichel was a pretty big lad. ok he wasnt a body builder, but he wasnt exactly scrawny was he?

You're right. Shilton and Southall were also pretty stocky. But they were naturally big blokes, not body builders.

a professional body builder who is also a footballer? it just sounds pathetic and stinks of somebody who doesn't take his footballing profession seriously. it is without doubt a hinderance and even if it wasn't, he still isn't good enough.

I hope a new Keeper is in Mickys plans for next season as well as Left & right back , center half , 2 Midfielders and a striker to replace Rico.

Are you saying rico is leaving or should be replaced. Because if youre suggesting we keep pope, williamson and rigg ahead of him then I really despair!

Archived