onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Is this forum still working?

Vale

Advert

Works fine for me.

Maybe you might think about updating your browser.

If a browser works fine for everything else why would the browser be at fault for OVF issues in moving from one server to another !

If your wife doesnt put your tea on the table on time is your first reaction -- Update to Wife 2

Does anything actually work? Now the threads are down, just restore it to how it used to be please!

We are switching servers. There will be glitches. I have emailed all users and put a big note on the frontpage to say that this would be the case.

When the glitches go away we will be back to essentially the same forum that we have used over the last few years.

So tell me...

1. The new server will stop crashes. I presume you want that to happen? The site (online for 15 years) will be glitchy for two whole days. 48 hours. What more am I actually supposed to do exactly? Make sever changes instantly?

2. If you are suffering problems why not tell me the problem in a sensible manner and I may just be able to help. I am not perfect and there will be mistakes. But I can only help fix them if people are telling me in some detail what the problem is rather than just moaning in public.

3. I say this a lot but our stats are not down. We are getting the same number of users through the door now that we got at the start of the year. Yes, the numbers are down for today and yesterday due to the switchover but in general, if anything, numbers are up. When the preferred bidder was announced our traffic went up by 50%. Of course if you want to challenge our Google analytics with your own, unscientific, anecdotal guesswork you are free to do so. I would add one thing - our forum is also now viewable by guests and this means less people are posting/logging on because if they just want to read the threads they can do.

We are switching servers. There will be glitches. I have emailed all users and put a big note on the frontpage to say that this would be the case.

When the glitches go away we will be back to essentially the same forum that we have used over the last few years.

So tell me...

1. The new server will stop crashes. I presume you want that to happen? The site (online for 15 years) will be glitchy for two whole days. 48 hours. What more am I actually supposed to do exactly? Make sever changes instantly?

2. If you are suffering problems why not tell me the problem in a sensible manner and I may just be able to help. I am not perfect and there will be mistakes. But I can only help fix them if people are telling me in some detail what the problem is rather than just moaning in public.

3. I say this a lot but our stats are not down. We are getting the same number of users through the door now that we got at the start of the year. Yes, the numbers are down for today and yesterday due to the switchover but in general, if anything, numbers are up. When the preferred bidder was announced our traffic went up by 50%. Of course if you want to challenge our Google analytics with your own, unscientific, anecdotal guesswork you are free to do so. I would add one thing - our forum is also now viewable by guests and this means less people are posting/logging on because if they just want to read the threads they can do.

I'm not fussed about the little glitches as they are expected, the problem is the website as a whole, it just doesn't work, the older style was excellent and much better

I'm not fussed about the little glitches as they are expected, the problem is the website as a whole, it just doesn't work, the older style was excellent and much better

What doesn't work? I need more information. I presume you mean the front page specifically. If so, tell me what the problem is and I may surprise you with the answer I give...

To pre-empt what I guess is the answer...

We're half-way through the changes I need to make. What has happened so far has been a switch of the news stories to Wordpress and a server upgrade.

When the forum is upgraded next week I hope to restore the latest forum posts, online users and user control panel to the front page.This is the content I presume you want restoring. But it may take another week or so but IT WAS ALWAYS THE CASE that I would attempt to restore those things.

So, effectively what you are complaining about is a front page project that I HAVEN'T FINISHED YET.

:rolleyes:

Archived