onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Burton Albion v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

12 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Jimmy Floyd said he scuffed it!!

If that’s scuffing it I’d love to see one when Garrity properly connects. That was travelling quickly.

On the subject of JFH given almost every Burton fan wants him out now I’m not sure it’s good optics for him to be in the studio on Sky today for the Premier League. Not our problem though.

5 minutes ago, Guppys left peg said:

If that’s scuffing it I’d love to see one when Garrity properly connects. That was travelling quickly.

On the subject of JFH given almost every Burton fan wants him out now I’m not sure it’s good optics for him to be in the studio on Sky today for the Premier League. Not our problem though.

We were in the seats and as soon as Ben hit in,you knew it was in. He had one cleared off the line,cleared one himself off the line and both he and Ellis kept their defence busy. They need to do the same next week. I think we can be positive and the team can feed off the fans backing.

JFH? Had his day long ago. His tactics were dreadful...as was the number 9

Their keeper had a poor game for me. Not sure if Ben did him with the eyes, if his weight was on the wrong foot after getting back up off the floor, or what went on.

Maybe that’s what JFH was referring to, because he doesn’t read the shot at all.

35 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Need to stop that Massey chant now.

Cringeworthy and embarrassing. 

I heard the first line but don't know the rest.

I'm embarrassed as what is shouted at Garratt. What went on at Crewe has nowt to do with him.

Pompey have Dale and Lowery. Plz say the neanderthals won't chant the same again....

I know it's a bit late, but this article reminded me that Burton had done well in their previous two games.

It also reminds me of how accomplished this Vale side can be at stifling the opposition.

They did it time and again last season and will continue to do so this season.

How often do we see a game where the opponents have very few openings?

With a few exceptions, we're a very good away side.

On 20/08/2022 at 20:37, Trumpingtonvale said:

We were in stitches in the car, listening to BBC sounds on way back to Cambridge.  Quote of the call “we’re just sleep walking to oblivion”.  You’ve got to love the optimism - oblivion is far too good a place to be.

They'd be better off going to jeopardy - more jobs there!

Watched the full match yesterday on iFollow (mainly to check the coverage of the penalty shout which at the time from our angle was obviously a foul) with Radio Stoke commentary but just now started to watch again and it was the Burton local radio commentary.  Is there a way of selecting different commentaries or  is it just pot luck?  

Watched the full match yesterday on iFollow (mainly to check the coverage of the penalty shout which at the time from our angle was obviously a foul) with Radio Stoke commentary but just now started to watch again and it was the Burton local radio commentary.  Is there a way of selecting different commentaries or  is it just pot luck?  
Settings audio then select away

1 hour ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Was it a definite pen on ifollow too ?

Archived