onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

What is the capacity of each stand?

SFBT

Empty seats will be around all season. Vale are quite rightly encouraging families and young supporters. They have free/£10 season tickets, so nothing is lost if they chose to attend twice a year. Would have them myself if we had young children. No answer to this as you can’t frog march them to the ground if they don’t want to come.
Think Stoke have the same problem, only they count them if they attend or not.
But season ticket holders can release their seat if they are not going to attend a game, same for the young seats that are less likely to be used when the cold weather comes.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Advert

4 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

But season ticket holders can release their seat if they are not going to attend a game, same for the young seats that are less likely to be used when the cold weather comes.

I sincerely hope this happens, but it does require action from the fan. My guess is that most won't even think of it.

The system is flawed at present and really needs some urgent attention. 

I sincerely hope this happens, but it does require action from the fan. My guess is that most won't even think of it.
The system is flawed at present and really needs some urgent attention. 
I would not say flawed, but coasting on 5000 gates and jumping to 10,000 is bound to have problems especially with a neglected ground over the last 20 years.

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

I would not say flawed, but coasting on 5000 gates and jumping to 10,000 is bound to have problems especially with a neglected ground over the last 20 years.

It is a recent problem. Caused by growth. The system is not adequate for the new demands and needs upgrading urgently.

The Club have come a long way in a short space of time however, this capacity thing needs sorting as it ultimately costs the club money! Easy for me to comment without the facts I know! Again, with little knowledge, why wasn’t a decision taken & broadcasted that Lorna Street St holders could change to Bycars for free?

14 minutes ago, Jesse James said:

The Club have come a long way in a short space of time however, this capacity thing needs sorting as it ultimately costs the club money! Easy for me to comment without the facts I know! Again, with little knowledge, why wasn’t a decision taken & broadcasted that Lorna Street St holders could change to Bycars for free?

Communication continues to be a theme that raises its head in many areas.

Imo, an area that needs attention.

Yes, things are growing, and I love it. But systems need to grow with them. 

I can't believe that anyone in the club, especially Carol, is happy to have systems that are not fit for purpose!

It takes time? 

It needs a plan and action.

19 hours ago, SFBT said:

It would be useful to know the capacity of each stand, and how many season tickets there are in each stand.

For example, I go in the Railway Stand, but am increasingly concerned about the lack of available tickets to non st holders.

So to know how many tickets are actually available would be very helpful.

Also, are seat numbers being adhered to? I've always just bought any old seat in the past as you could sit anywhere that wasn't st.

Is this info available anywhere, on here, or on the club website?

Buying tickets needs to be straightforward, as people give up if it's difficult...

Back in spring/summer 2008 when v2001 were running the Target 5000 campaign the Sentinel posted the exact figures for each stand. I'm certain that at the time Lorne Street was down as 1,600 and the Hamil was 4,500. The Railway was around 7,500 give or take and the Bycars I think was 4,100 but maybe 3,900? Can't really remember. Is weird the club are so secretive about it these days.

31 minutes ago, Topher said:

Back in spring/summer 2008 when v2001 were running the Target 5000 campaign the Sentinel posted the exact figures for each stand. I'm certain that at the time Lorne Street was down as 1,600 and the Hamil was 4,500. The Railway was around 7,500 give or take and the Bycars I think was 4,100 but maybe 3,900? Can't really remember. Is weird the club are so secretive about it these days.

Capacity reduced until stands are brought up to current standards, and approved safe.  Capacity also dependant on whether seats are reserved or not. 

1 hour ago, dishydave said:

Paddock and stand are about 2500 each with reduced capacity
Bycars about 3500
Lorne Street about 1600
Hamil about 4000
Hospitality about 800

Thank you!

So 10k, with 6.6k season tickets = 3.4k remaining.

I would think most of the Lorne is st's, so roughly 5k left.

I would guess 2k in the Railway Stand, 2k Paddock, 1k Bycars.

So only 500 tickets available in each of the two most popular areas of the ground, and 2.5 in the Bycars.

If that's correct, then there are only 500 tickets available in the part of the ground I much prefer, and have sat in for years, without any problem. Now it has become a scarce resource.

It is this sudden change, combined with a lack of communication from the club, that is my concern.

I would like to hear from the club about 

The current state of play and reasons for it

The plans to address the reduced capacity and timescales 

We are, after all their customers, so it's not unreasonable to expect to be kept informed.

Is it?

9 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Thank you!

So 10k, with 6.6k season tickets = 3.4k remaining.

I would think most of the Lorne is st's, so roughly 5k left.

I would guess 2k in the Railway Stand, 2k Paddock, 1k Bycars.

So only 500 tickets available in each of the two most popular areas of the ground, and 2.5 in the Bycars.

If that's correct, then there are only 500 tickets available in the part of the ground I much prefer, and have sat in for years, without any problem. Now it has become a scarce resource.

It is this sudden change, combined with a lack of communication from the club, that is my concern.

I would like to hear from the club about 

The current state of play and reasons for it

The plans to address the reduced capacity and timescales 

We are, after all their customers, so it's not unreasonable to expect to be kept informed.

Is it?

We should have another 2000 on the capacity when the Lorne Street is complete and the Hamil is a Vale end. I imagine the Hamil will be quite popular, so should free up some space in the Railway.

In regards to the short term and increasing capacity in the Railway, is it even possible with all the heath and safety red tape? With how it is designed, I’m not sure what else we could do. The outside concourse and exits are just too small for the amount of people if it were to be at full capacity. Maybe a question for Steve Brown if he goes to a supporters club meeting? 

2 hours ago, dishydave said:

Paddock and stand are about 2500 each with reduced capacity
Bycars about 3500
Lorne Street about 1600
Hamil about 4000
Hospitality about 800

If Hamil is 4000 I hope on October 1st we give Wednesday more than 3250 . They took 6500 to MK last week. 

Those extra 750 is 18 grand in admission without beer and food. 

Unlikely to happen. Capacity/number of seats is 4,250 , but netted for a few rows at the front and the nearest seats to the railway. This is to stop/discourage both sets of nutters antagonising one another.

Of course when/if it becomes the home end then 4250 would become available. Personally I am not in favour of this move.

Archived