onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Milton Keynes v Port Vale

Fosse69

I don't hold stats as the only way to judge a game but if you take XG which is somewhat accurate in predicting the final table standings we should have scored more than one goal and they should have scored less than one goal. 

Not even saying I totally agree with this but highlighting my point that's all

A good day to you sir. 

Screenshot_20220817-225313.png

Advert

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Both goals and none of our chances.

I’d say you’d be on your own trying to argue that both their goals were down to bad luck rather than bad play on our part.

1 hour ago, Emile said:

I don't hold stats as the only way to judge a game but if you take XG which is somewhat accurate in predicting the final table standings we should have scored more than one goal and they should have scored less than one goal. 

Not even saying I totally agree with this but highlighting my point that's all

A good day to you sir. 

Screenshot_20220817-225313.png

Where is the stat that measures our expected luck against their expected luck?  Joking apart, the only stat that truly matters is goals for and against at the final whistle.

23 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Wow. The atmosphere was non existent. Their fans have zero passion.

I've made this comment before last time I went. I feel that going to football is something to do, one week football, week after bowling, cinema, ice skating etc etc .

There is no history or passion amongst their fanbase , its as dull as dishwater. Occasionally they had a drum but if they think that's a good atmosphere I'd hate to see a bad one.

Soulless place .

This really sums that club up.

16 hours ago, LancyTony said:

So glad i "listened" to the Senile live feed, last night, rather than 80 minutes of grumbling, grumpy, screaming knickerwetters on here! My Lord - all you who were whinging about...well... everything you could possibly whinge about - you have no real right unless you go through life never making mistakes, and never having an off day. The Senile was actually quite complimentary about us at times...and suggested that Hussey had a good game even though he isn't Mal Benning...he isn't - he's much more defensive-minded but still managed to make his presence known through some good crosses and set pieces. However, he is this season's scapegoat - if it's suggested we may have too many players in one position - guess who gets offered up for that particular sacrifice?

Did we have players playing with niggles, and, maybe, not shaken off the exertions of Saturday? Of course we did - we are not alone in that...listen to managers up and down the Leagues saying the same thing - these hot days have been awful to work in...never mind run around for 100 minutes, 2 or 3 times / week? Yes, we have players  still injured / recovering from injury - it's not part of the game plan to have these injuries...<ovf censored> happens! We've probably never had as good a medical team as we have now? There's no conspiracy theory - if you believe there is then you've lost faith...already...in the team that gave us promotion, last season, against the unlikeliest odds. We're 4 games in - get some perspective! Mathematically, we can lose 28 games and still stay up! Let's give it a few more, shall we, before prophesising doom??

Oh yes - while I'm looking for my tin hat - I predict that Sammy Robinson will be a better player than Gibbo!     

Hussey is good at crosses from set pieces and when allowed space in open play. He is also fit, defensively up to scratch and reasonable in the air. However, he is totally left footed and hence opposition close him down and he does nothing about this. When I have paid to go to MK Dons and stay in hotel etc. I will 100% not be happy with a player who continuously passes backwards including multiple 50 yard back passes to the keeper. It is totally unacceptable. If that is all he has in open play in midfield situations then he needs a new position or to come out of the team. 

Archived