onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Milton Keynes v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 hour ago, Hitcher said:

A question for anyone who went but did it feel like 700 vale fans?

Reason I ask is a bit of a headscratcher but I keep seeing people on the socials mention about buying a ticket to some games with no intention of going so that it gives them more loyalty points and first dibs on a game they do want to go to.

Sounds mad that this could be a thing in the middle of a cost of living crisis. Is it just total social media guff?

They did have to open a third block for the Vale fans so there were a fair few there. 

If any of you are short of anything to do you can always count the people here (photo from Vale Twitter account)

FaWpv9hWYAIyoyD.thumb.jpg.133e24e5b0faa68e7d9e54a546daf8a6.jpg

Advert

34 minutes ago, robf said:

They did have to open a third block for the Vale fans so there were a fair few there. 

If any of you are short of anything to do you can always count the people here (photo from Vale Twitter account)

FaWpv9hWYAIyoyD.thumb.jpg.133e24e5b0faa68e7d9e54a546daf8a6.jpg

You can see the group in the middle of the left hand block who stood up all through the game despite everyone having an excellent view when sitting down.  Every time the ball came up our end in the first half I couldn't see anything so moved at half time and stood up on the back row.  Thanks for that lads and lasses.

5 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

You can see the group in the middle of the left hand block who stood up all through the game despite everyone having an excellent view when sitting down.  Every time the ball came up our end in the first half I couldn't see anything so moved at half time and stood up on the back row.  Thanks for that lads and lasses.

And this is a reason why the proposed changes at VP are sensitive. It's unacceptable to mix fans who have different behaviour patterns. And of course the leapers and jumpers are always selfish and the stewarding never takes action. 

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Putting all eggs in one basket for Burton is dangerous and presumptious. By the BBC report Burton were a bit unlucky v Ipswich last night. 

Spoke to an Ipswich fan last night in the services and he said Burton were better then he thought they'd be. But then again he also said, in all seriousness,  that Ipswich were not going to stop winning all season. Yet another delusional bunch of fans. 

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Good on those who stood up - it's depressing to see so many sat compliantly in what sounded like total silence. It looks like there were thousands of empty seats to move to for anyone who wanted to.   

17 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Tonight showed a main difference between league 1 and 2.

Thought we were the better side first half and more likely to go on and win… then we got sucker punched with a goal.

From then on they managed the game brilliantly, slowed it down, men behind the ball and we couldn’t get back into it.

No need to panic… albeit I see the prophets of doom are definitely doing that already. 

Good performance against Bolton, less so today… We will get better as the season goes on, more players will come in, Willo will be back and current players who are not quite 100% will get there.

Try not to lose your head… KTF and UTV

If I am honest I try not to listen to the doom and gloomers anymore after the meltdown on here when we dropped to 10th last season.... the majority had patience then and kept the faith and it didn't end to badly really.

For what it's worth we will be ok this season or are some expecting us to be top 2? I will be perfectly happy to finish mid table(which I think we will),no panic from me with the transfer window still open and only 4 games gone.

Onwards and Upwards me owd fruits

7 minutes ago, smithie said:

Good on those who stood up - it's depressing to see so many sat compliantly in what sounded like total silence. It looks like there were thousands of empty seats to move to for anyone who wanted to.   

I take it you weren't there???

42 games go scored 3 conceded 7 .
Lots of positives ,lots of negatives.
It's football better to be in league 1 though seeing if we can STEP UP .
A development player in starting line up and doing very well in fairness .
Sam Robinson keep up the good work .
Injuries are stalling us at present cannot judge team till we pick our best starting 11 .
You don't appreciate a player till they out the team
David Worrall .
Wilson should be back soon then we cannot judge until then every player has to STEP UP .
Some players will find there level is league 2 but Darrell Clark is giving them every chance to make the jump if they cannot then they will have to be moved on no matter how big a fan certain folk of them are .
At present the jury's out on them .
UTV

We are easily a mid table table this season imo under DC when you think we have Cass,Massey,Wilson,Worrall then add to that 2 maybe 3 additions and for me we will be ok but obviously those who panicked last season during our dip in form will already think we are relegation fodder

I've noticed when Conlon plays we are suspect to long range shots going in just a observation as we rarely concede any from outside the box when he doesn't play .
His free kick last night first half was abysmal at present I'm not sure he is league one standard but he like most of others have 42 games smash that theory out of the water .
I for the life of me didn't understand the starting formation with Conlon and Holden in both too alike to play in same team .
Yes I know JP hasn't started the season well but his quality will come to the fore as will Conlons eventually .
Even BG looked lost out there last night although he flicked a header on to himself and a had a decent attempt at goal first half .
We need him more involved than he currently is .
Ojo lacked pace a few times he picked the ball in midfield and I'm thinking run faster.
Smith battled well but as you saw with them there back players strolling passing the ball well and looking comfortable in possession something he never does .
It was a poor game generally to be honest we lack pace at present .
Lots of sorting out do for DC but I believe he will do it

Archived