onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Milton Keynes v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

It's not surprising.  Our season finished 4 weeks later than everyone else's, and the new season was the earliest start ever. 

Add to that the fact that, until the PO Final was won we couldn't really recruit, plus DC's teams have a reputation as slow starters. 

That's why we are where we are, as they say.  Hopefully, another month or do and things will look a bit brighter. 

We've got to keep the faith! 

Sorry, but this season started later than everyone else is the flimsiest excuse I've ever heard. Grimsby and Sunderland haven't been as affected by it as us, Derby didn't even have any players till mid July. We decided not to play as many friendlies as needed and go into the season half fit, we waited till after the start of the season to bring in players.

Advert

2 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Sorry, but this season started later than everyone else is the flimsiest excuse I've ever heard. Grimsby and Sunderland haven't been as affected by it as us, Derby didn't even have any players till mid July. We decided not to play as many friendlies as needed and go into the season half fit, we waited till after the start of the season to bring in players.

Add to that injuries to Worrall and Wilson and a tough match in the heat on Saturday; we really missed Benning and personally I would have offloaded Jones who continues to make rash decisions and gets out of position, exemplified last night?

7 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

Add to that injuries to Worrall and Wilson and a tough match in the heat on Saturday; we really missed Benning and personally I would have offloaded Jones who continues to make rash decisions and gets out of position, exemplified last night?

I agree, I just dont know what he adds to the team/squad at the moment. He has a long throw which is as dangerous as a lobbed cross so it never creates much trouble and never seen us score from it.

Hussy did some good things, overall I think we could lose him and I wouldnt be. Maybe The sloppy slips against Newport still haunt me.

Maybe I will change my mind with a comprehensive win in Saturday.

21 minutes ago, Emile said:

How did Harrison not get his foot on that tap in? Why didn't he gamble that Hussey would get the ball through? Criminal for a striker

I thought we looked a little toothless but we were unlucky to lose. Onwards and upwards

Toothless, yes.  Unlucky, no chance.

43 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

It's not surprising.  Our season finished 4 weeks later than everyone else's, and the new season was the earliest start ever. 

Add to that the fact that, until the PO Final was won we couldn't really recruit, plus DC's teams have a reputation as slow starters. 

That's why we are where we are, as they say.  Hopefully, another month or do and things will look a bit brighter. 

We've got to keep the faith! 

The sheer arrogance that we, Port Vale, can set fire to 25% of a season until we click into gear is astonishing. 

I travelled down last night again, so here are my thoughts:

• We were the better team, didn't deserve to lose
  • Created plenty of chances, lack end product
  • Hussey wasn't actually dreadful
  • We won't go down
  • Wasn't our best performance, we could have done more
  • Stadium:MK is a lovely place but it's far, far too big for MK dons

9 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Watched till there second goal .
Bradley Johnson the difference two shots both went in bar that nowt in it at all Robinsons put wide from 3 yards how I do not know husseys put a fine ball in and Harrison tried chest it in should have volleyed .
Not too disappointed going lose games aplenty in this league for sure however we need to find a way of winning enough keep us mid table I think DC when has all options back Vale be fine .
Conlon and Ojo are frustrating Ojo seems lose his way and Conlon doesn't put his stamp on games (not in league one up to yet).
Stay with the team though these finished 3rd last season and ok you probably watched tonight and thought how I did but when you scoring with your first effort on target you know things are going go for you .
UTV

I don't think Robinson's chance was as easy as you're making out. After it rebounded around, he's latched onto it at a close wide angle with the keeper diving at his feet -and on his weaker left foot. 

Harrisons too, it took a deflection of an MK dons defender and therefore I think that has put Harrison off as the ball hasn't followed the line of travel - he's had to try and re-adjust in a split second...the ball was coming at his knee so again, a chance missed but I don't personally put that down to a player error as such. 

I agree on Ojo, his performance wasn't what we've come to expect but at least he didn't hide away and he continued to battle throughout, until he was taken off which. He was dwelling on the ball and losing position in dangerous areas. I think he was trying to get composure back on the ball for the team as a lot of the time, we were panicking, but I agree with others - that is down to cohesion which is built over time. 

Proctor, I thought he was pretty sloppy last night with his one touch passing, in most cases never reached his intended target. It was needles at times too, as he had space and time to take a touch.

That said, regardless where MK were at the time we played, that isn't indicative of the players they have. They're a good league 1 squad and whilst frustrating we didn't pick up a point, MK away is one that at the start of the season I'd have expected a narrow loss. This season, we need to manage our expectations somewhat, we had a fantastic season last year and no one wants to know that we're just aiming for consolidation - but that is exactly what our aim is and therefore, defeats like last night are going to happen. 

12 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

I have a question. My question is this. Why the hell do Exeter and the Gas seem so much better equipped than we do?

The Gas got played off the park by a Michael Duff Barnsley last night?

Exeter have been beaten by Cambridge?  
They haven’t had the injuries we’ve had !

Why can’t some Vale Fans get real, we are not going to win every game.

We will hold our own in this League, no problem, just have some patience.

I thought Harrison did well last night and credit for scoring. He missed a chance that he deflected on target and the keeper saved because it wasn't struck with his foot. But it wasn't a gross miss and caused by it coming over many players. Otherwise he worked really hard with insufficient support at times. In the first half there were far too many overhit through balls and because Hussey was a red traffic light there were too many long kicks upfield.  

What is the point of passing to Hussey in open play if his contribution is a 50 yard pass back to the keeper.

I think Clarke's point of needing to drill on the training ground is right. I felt there were many occasions last night when we forced an overhit through ball, couldn't get the left side of the pitch working offensively and could have improved quality in the final third. I think Massey can make a big impact and for me it's ditch Hussey at left wingback unless he is able to deal with being shown down the line by using his right foot to threaten passing and movement inside. 

Archived