onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Milton Keynes v Port Vale

Fosse69

3 minutes ago, boleyuk said:

Sadly, after my first foray into making comments on a forum - this won't be repeated. Seems that despite having rational, thought-out, common sense opinions, equally as entitled to do so as anyone else paying for a season ticket, one is deemed to be a Doom-Monger, if you dare to question players ambitions, skill level and managers team choice and decision-making. Other forum users choosing to decide for themselves how to interpret your comment, is demeaning. Enjoy your 'banter'.

Dont give up.

Speak your mind. They are your opinions. What does everyone else know anyway.

Advert

1 minute ago, boleyuk said:

Sadly, after my first foray into making comments on a forum - this won't be repeated. Seems that despite having rational, thought-out, common sense opinions, equally as entitled to do so as anyone else paying for a season ticket, one is deemed to be a Doom-Monger, if you dare to question players ambitions, skill level and managers team choice and decision-making. Other forum users choosing to decide for themselves how to interpret your comment, is demeaning. Enjoy your 'banter'.

The basic rule of thumb is that any negative replies to your posts are not to be taken personally.  The second rule of thumb is that everyone else is a complete moron.  Remember these golden rules and this, and any other forum, can be quite enjoyable.  Have fun.

Just now, Fosse69 said:

Who knows? Transfer talk can unsettle a player, whether there is anything in it or not.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Possibly but the Peterborough rumour only about from George recently. 

I just think he's going through a bad patch which all players do. 

I think our formation can hurt sometimes also. Worrall for instance great winger but k wouldn't say he's comfortable at wing back but that's modern football and most clubs go for the wingback system nowadays 

I couldn't understand their 2nd goal. It looked like it went through the gap in the wall, so should have been the keepers. We had 2 men forming a mini wall to the right of where the ball went but they had 3 left footers stood over the ball, so unless one was going to do a Roberto Carlos they were doing nothing.

Should really have had something from the game as they didn't create anything other than the 2 long range efforts.

Worth noting that after 4 league games last season we had 3 points, had scored 1 goal and looked like we were going to struggle to score goals. The season isn't over yet.

2 minutes ago, DazFred said:

I've not seen the game tonight but I'm as disappointed as anyone with the result.

It's a stab in the dark but I think the only member of the squad not to feature this season is big Dekka! This leads me to think that like last season,the manager is tinkering to find his best starting line up. Last season we had less players to choose from. However the squad did include Rodney, Legge,Burgess and Johnson.

We are missing Wilson and Wozza so it's a damage limitation until they are back IMO,as they will both probably be starters. 

I'm going to Burton on Saturday. They are rock bottom. In the bottom 3 are Cheltenham(new manager) and Morecambe. I expect these 3,along with Shrewsbury,Fleetwood,FGR and Accie...to be any of the 4 teams we need to finish above to retain L1 status.

It's early days but I'm still looking forward to this campaign. We will need to win around half of our home games,then look to secure some vital away wins... hopefully starting with Burton.

We're 4 games in...it's not the end of the world. Let's face it,we could be Walsall or Swindle fans!

Stay positive...

Agree with a lot of this.  I understand the frustration of some fans and thought myself MKD were so off what I was expecting them to be tonight I feel disappointed we’ve missed an opportunity to get at least a point.  However, I don’t understand some of the more extreme negative comments regards the status of the team and squad and our league prospects, especially in light of what happened at the start of last season.  Having only been on here for <6 months or so I was just wondering what posters’ reactions were 4 games into last season ie when had accumulated 3 points and scored only 1 goal? 

2 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Agree with a lot of this.  I understand the frustration of some fans and thought myself MKD were so off what I was expecting them to be tonight I feel disappointed we’ve missed an opportunity to get at least a point.  However, I don’t understand some of the more extreme negative comments regards the status of the team and squad and our league prospects, especially in light of what happened at the start of last season.  Having only been on here for <6 months or so I was just wondering what posters’ reactions were 4 games into last season ie when had accumulated 3 points and scored only 1 goal? 

I think it's a different type of disappointment. Last season we had a major change of the squad and there was uncertainty in what we were capable of. This time I think we actually do have a good squad but it's underperformed at Exeter, MK Dons and at home to Rotherham. 

6 minutes ago, Warren said:

I thought that was a soulless stadium with poor PA and acoustics. Maybe it's better with 20k in. Catering ok with cauliflower and balti pie. Maybe the soulless stadium contributed to an underwhelming game. 

Yeah in terms of aesthetics I think it’s fine but it feels like a pizza trophy game with the atmosphere in there.

The stadium wasn’t really designed for Franchises purpose though. It was more with a view to holding concerts and other events there.

I thought it was a poor game but we had far more chances than them and only converted one.

Hussey played some lovely balls in just before he was taken off. I was a bit disappointed when he went off.

And the away supporters count needs an extra one added. I paid on the day at the visitors ticket office and they gave me a ticket for the home end! Anyway the security staff were very helpful and ensured I could watch the defeat with my fellow Vale fans. Thought it was a decent following.

1 hour ago, Warren said:

We were doing OK in the first half until they scored. Our problem was over hitting through balls. But after they scored the confidence flowed back into MK Dons and they took control of the game aside from 10 mins of our pressure in the second half when we missed good chances to score and the spell in injury time when we did score. 

To me there is no way Hussey is a wingback. No way at all, he has completely the wrong mindset. If he seeks certainty in his passes then he is not trying to get us up the field by playing balls in the channels or doing anything other than pass it repeatedly 50 yards back to the keeper. Small should have been on from the start. Give Hussey a game in Central defence if necessary. 

Eventually we got a goal by way of pressing and containing and finally better quality. But we threw this game away. The keeper should have stopped goal 1 and goal 2 from 120 yards away I could see where they were going to score. It was glaring. 

This doesn't make us a bad team but we need more goals from attacks. 

When Small came on he gave the ball away countless times and contributed nothing. Hussey did far better but for some reason people hate him and he gets stick for everything. He was MOTM for me.

A very frustrating night because MK were a poor side with a distinct lack of confidence. The game was there for the taking but our attacks weren't sharp or decisive enough to cause their backline any problems at all. We are probably still in the getting to know you stage but without Proctor we didn't seem to have a clue where the forwards want the ball but TBF Holden isn't a forward and doesn't know where he wants the ball either. Robinson again was lively but is still learning the game and Hussey seems to lost the ability to pass the ball forward. Not for the first time this season Garrity was poor and was lucky to play the whole game. Charsley should start at Burton. Some of DC's subs smacked of desperation. Having Small finish the game on the right was nonsensical. I think we'll be fine this season but a confidence boosting win wouldn't go amiss Saturday 

Watched till there second goal .
Bradley Johnson the difference two shots both went in bar that nowt in it at all Robinsons put wide from 3 yards how I do not know husseys put a fine ball in and Harrison tried chest it in should have volleyed .
Not too disappointed going lose games aplenty in this league for sure however we need to find a way of winning enough keep us mid table I think DC when has all options back Vale be fine .
Conlon and Ojo are frustrating Ojo seems lose his way and Conlon doesn't put his stamp on games (not in league one up to yet).
Stay with the team though these finished 3rd last season and ok you probably watched tonight and thought how I did but when you scoring with your first effort on target you know things are going go for you .
UTV

Archived