onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

I'll take that (the optical illusion line) That'd drive their manager even more loopy! The ball is beyond the keeper, who's nearly in the back of the net by the time Smith hooks his leg round. Spoke to a few people at half time who were at that end of the Railway in the first half. They said it was miles in before they'd seen the video evidence.
All the ball has to cross the line so no goal and if it did Bolton would have being awarded a goal as refs have watch on what tells them if it's crossed the line .
0-0 nothing crossed the line how I do not know maybe should have ended Vale 5 Bolton 3 UTV

Advert

1 hour ago, Warren said:

I thought that was a magnificent effort by the team / squad / management today. Supreme level of fitness in sweltering conditions. High level of skill overall. Kept mistakes pretty low. Handled an aggressive and big opponent well and neutralised their effectiveness. A thoroughly enjoyable game. 

Hope you had a good trip 🤔

I'll take that (the optical illusion line) That'd drive their manager even more loopy! The ball is beyond the keeper, who's nearly in the back of the net by the time Smith hooks his leg round. Spoke to a few people at half time who were at that end of the Railway in the first half. They said it was miles in before they'd seen the video evidence.
I've spoken to two independent lads who said it was close but not over, I guess if it was at the back of the net the Ref would have given a goal, you do realise how far the net is from the goal line..

5 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

Hey ho 

I thought we matched them even when it was 11v11

They just seemed to break quickly and created their chances with a bit more quality , whereas we had to work really hard to get an opening.

After the sending off we were the only team looking to win it. We were patient and clever with the ball. The subs were spot on as well and on another day we would have got a couple.

I said at half time I’d still take a point.

Left the ground smiling in what was a good game , with a good atmosphere and was the kind of big game we wanted to get promoted for , else what was the point.

3 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:
8 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

I've spoken to two independent lads who said it was close but not over, I guess if it was at the back of the net the Ref would have given a goal, you do realise how far the net is from the goal line..

Smudge must have legs like inspector gadget.

Overall it is impossible to accurately place an object in 3D on a 2D image (much less a blurry one). 

The ball could be behind the keeper, or it could be on the knee of the Bolton lad.

2 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

I thought we matched them even when it was 11v11

They just seemed to break quickly and created their chances with a bit more quality , whereas we had to work really hard to get an opening.

After the sending off we were the only team looking to win it. We were patient and clever with the ball. The subs were spot on as well and on another day we would have got a couple.

I said at half time I’d still take a point.

Left the ground smiling in what was a good game , with a good atmosphere and was the kind of big game we wanted to get promoted for , else what was the point.

I was not expecting anything out of today, so it feels like a bonus point.  Great to see VP with 10k +.

1 hour ago, philmpv said:

Garrity was clearly under instruction today to marshall their no4. Thought he did it very well indeed, but it did take away his pressing at times. But it just showed to me what a great professional he is. Will do any job he is asked to do. Great player to have on our books

You could see it really clearly first half. Stop 4 getting ball from centre halves. That left their centre half who got sent half being forced to kick it long - generally over Cass. Stopped them playing through midfield. Second half was different, of course.

I honestly think we need to play Walker in the middle of the back three, with the licence to push forward into midfield, particularly at home when the onus is on us to take the game to the opposition. When the two W's are back, hopefully within the next few weeks, Clarke is going to have a real selection headache. Even more so if he brings in one or two more before the window closes, which seems to be the case. A few very good players are going to wind up on the bench no matter who or what he chooses.

Stevens

Cass    Walker    Hall

Worrall                         Benning

Conlon   Ojo

Garrity

Wilson    Harrison

Stone, Forrester/Smith, Jones, Pett, Holden/Charsley, Massey, Proctor

If that can't finish comfortably in mid-table at least, if we have luck with injuries for once, then we must be in a hell of a league.

8 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Smith has to play no question. I want Walker in the 11 I think he’s class but not in place for Smith. I think Cass will miss out once Worrall is back

I'm fine with either. You could even play Dan Jones and I don't think he would let you down much at all. And if Forrester is as good as is generally made out, his potential at least, then you would expect him to become a mainstay in the defence sooner rather than later.

Archived