onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

Advert

Credit to all the players for putting on an entertaining performance in that heat. Could have been 3 a piece if it wasn't for some excellent goalkeeping at either end, some wastefulness in the box on our part, and an outrageous bit of luck that they weren't awarded a goal when the ball was closer to the back of the net than the goal line!

23 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

I've also been to every game so far and have been for the last few years despite working away a lot. 

That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it but if you feel the needs to disagree with  such a manor then I'll happily debate it with you. I'll even you buy pint and we can sit and talk about it like fellow fans 

Last thing I want is to argue with fellow vale fans but this forum can be such a discouraging place sometimes. 

Fair and I agree and apologise… as Hoppers said, it was the blanket, He “is” shocking that I just couldnt get behind and I firmly believe that needs to be called out as I’m not a fan of tarring a player… every football fan group has this strange need to have a boo boy and they often start after a single bad performance and they can quickly spiral out of control.

But… I do get that’s not what you were saying and I agree he wasn’t his best today… but I think he will play a big part in our season, his ability to beat a man will prove very useful.

Onwards and upwards

UTV

Fair and I agree and apologise… as Hoppers said, it was the blanket, He “is” shocking that I just couldnt get behind and I firmly believe that needs to be called out as I’m not a far of tarring a player… every football fan group has this strange need to have a boo boy and they often start after a single bad performance and they can quickly spiral out of control.
But… I do get that’s not what you were saying and I agree he wasn’t his best today… but I think he will play a big part in our season, his ability to beat a man will prove very useful.
Onwards and upwards
UTV
agree with that.

Not read any previous posts but Bolton are the entitled. What a bunch of mardarses...like the Swindle of L1.

Fathead idiot manager...sent off.

Clumpy clown of a captain on his 26th warning for elbows .sent off.

Fans calling the ref a racist bigot. This is after their captain was sent off,quite rightly. The number 4 runs to the ref at HT and mardarses about the sending off. Is booked for dissent in the second half,then barges Conlon immediately in front of the ref who could have sent him off.

Big club,big history,big ego ..who will win nowt this season. Hoofing it up to Daddy Long legs won't win games...they'll come unstuck.

But hey,they get huge away followings...Bolton are massive everywhere they go(there's a word missing somewhere..)

45 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I should just say that Santos should imo been sent off from the same corner incident that he got booked on. Firstly, how can you get a yellow for elbowing someone, secondly how can you not get a second yellow for doing exactly the same thing 30 secs later.

He did it at every corner but apparently the ref is a racist bigot according to their fans.

He was useless too....like big John McCombe on the ball...clumsy clumpy hoofball

4 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Fair and I agree and apologise… as Hoppers said, it was the blanket, He “is” shocking that I just couldnt get behind and I firmly believe that needs to be called out as I’m not a far of tarring a player… every football fan group has this strange need to have a boo boy and they often start after a single bad performance and they can quickly spiral out of control.

Onwards and upwards

UTV

Its all good my friend. All about opinions and views. I do think DC played him on the wrong position but when  you're struggling for forwards what can you do ? 

I do think the heat played a massive  factor today also. I can't speak for everyone else but today just hit different. That heat was uncomfortable 

39 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I thought we bossed most of the game, played some great football just a pity we didn’t take one of our chances.

play like that every week and we’ll finish in the top half of the table. Benning my motm.

Mine too

38 minutes ago, Quebec_Valiant said:

Apparently this is the most obvious goal you’ll ever see, and we are desperate cheats.image.thumb.png.85e7d01984c2e39509f9bc8e08821c45.png

I don't think the refs watch that signals the ball going over the line was working.

Probably because he didn't have one...

OK enjoyed that our new goalie and striker look full of life
Bolton will be top 6 they had so much quality at times and we matched them creating chance after chance but great goalkeeping and poor finishing saw that in the end Bolton got a deserved point for there sheer stubbornness.
A lot to be pleased about though there's potential in Vale for sure on.another day Ellis Harrison could have had a hat trick and Ben Garrity could have had a few and Lewis Cass will hopefully place it in future and not drive wildly wide .
Positives a lot .
Negatives second half I've noticed the support goes quieter in future we need to stay behind the team both halfs .
Bolton will be top 6 for me .
Vale well just keep growing we will be fine .
Goal attempts .
A damn good game of football

Man of the Match Harrison non stop menace got there centre half sent off and had a good game I thought and deserved a goal
Jack Stevens deserves a mention also some big saves .

Perfect result from my perspective. Although with a numerical advantage from the 38th minute onwards should Valehave gone onto win the game. Possibly they should have. But it is often harder to beat ten men as the remaining players raise their game and the conditions were extremely hot. 30c plus which creates problems for players from both teams and with Vale have two new signings and Tom Conlon the captain returning from a long term injury. Players jelling in extreme heat is not easy.

The Bolton fans were livid with referee Ross Joyce as was Bolton managerial Evatt who was also RED CARDED. Football creates extreme passion. But as a grassroots referee myself. Ricardo Santos was correctly RED CARDED. But I understand fans passion. The referee was correct. Most fans don't understand the Laws of The Game. Say NO MORE.

Vale got a valuable point. When this team jells I believe Vale will progress and finish about 15th, time will tell. Decent crowd just over 3,000 Bolton fans and just over 7,000 Vale fans.

Archived