onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

Advert

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Good game for a 0-0 that. Huge side Bolton who will be right up there. Missed a few chances there and with Wilson / another forward we win that game. Thought we created a lot but nothing in the box. 
Keeper looked very good (certainly not motm) Massey was excellent when he came on. For me Ojo was motm, benning close behind. I thought Walker was immense when he came on, for me he has to start, his range of passing is easily the best at the club. Harrison put a real shift in, I’m not sure he’s going to get us the goals though. Thought proctor struggled again and not impressed with Holden so far but early days.  It’s a good point against a very good side but feels like we’ve missed a chance for 3 there. 

I’m a huge fan of Ojo already and would have given him MOTM as well. He reads the game so well. 

Very impressed with him.

53 minutes ago, corbanlovesvale said:

After today I'm sure we will be mid table by the end of the season.  Once all the players are fit and DC brings in another striker we will be more of a match for most teams.  ( hoppers  hope my shouting and singing didn't  upset your peace and quiet 😊 ) upwards and onwards 

Noisy bugger 🤣

For those who didn't want Stone dropped( he didn't deserve to be but its football) today has shown what a good League One keeper is all about and the good thing for me is that DC spoke to Stone in the week and told him he wants him to be a top end League One keeper but he still has to work on a few things,thats fantastic man management for you.

With the new additions I am 100% we will be ok especially when he wants to add to it still and we will have Worrall(who was back to his best v Fleetwood) and Wilson(who imo will shine in League One) to come back,also just imagine what a fully fit Massey can bring to the table.. a good point today and thats 4 points out of 3 games.a nice steady start.

Onwards and Upwards me owd fruits

Not read the full topic but what bunch of pricks Bolton fans were walking Hamil. I spoke to Bolton fans in the Vine before the game, absolutely sound. After the game they gave the old 'you couldn't' beat ten men so we waved then loads of them charged and came at us. What <ovf censored>. Nothing happened. It was all bravado. I then sheparded Bolton fans to their car before they got twatted. They were grateful. I explained in Aus we we all down the same road pissed off after a game.

41 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Bolton fans going off Twitter are a rather deluded bunch. They should be raging more at their big, clumsy oaf of a centre-back for deservedly getting himself sent off in such draining conditions rather than the 

bunch of Swindon wannabees 🤣

Not read through everything, but my thoughts as follows:

DC’s interview of Radio Joke (which is so much better with the guy who was presenting it today btw) was absolutely spot on… positives and negatives, decent point against strong team, frustrated at not putting one chance away etc.

Two newbies both excellent, but thought Harrison really put himself about. 

Massey also excellent when he came on and Ojo I thought was MoTM, could be the Anthony Grant-type we’ve been missing. Benning also really good.

Hall, Smith and Forrester (right up to his yellow) look a decent back 3.

Needed more from Proctor and Cass and, if Posh offer 500k+ for Garrity, I’ll drive him there myself. Hopefully more is to come from Holden and thought we overplayed at times on that side when he came on.

I think we a fox-in-the-box type striker and maybe a different midfielder (if Garrity goes).

I think with the squad we’ve got, we’ll be ok.

They’ll be up there for sure, big and quick and I think if the No 5 had stayed on at some point he’d have bundled a corner in. We had two unbelievable let offs in the 1st half.

Anyway feeling fairly positive after that.

28 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Have you been in a coma my friend ? He's made appearances at Fleetwood and Exeter away. Both of which I thought he did very well. Least do your research if you're gonna try be smart. 

Exactly my point… 2 very good performances and yet you write him off as definitively shocking after his substitute performance today.

Trying to wriggle out of the skip fire award using semantics around the word “one” won’t help I’m afraid.

The award stands. 

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Exactly my point… 2 very good performances and yet you write him off as definitively shocking after his substitute performance today.

Trying to wriggle out of the skip fire award using semantics around the word “one” won’t help I’m afraid.

The award stands. 

Wriggle out ? Mate I've criticised his performance today as absolutely shocking because I thought he was. Your point hasn't been made considering you don't know when he's played. Don't try and act the superior when you don't even know when player has started 

3 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

The award stands. 

He said he was shocking today. Big difference. 

1 minute ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Wriggle out ? Mate I've criticised his performance today as absolutely shocking because I thought he was. Your point hasn't been made considering you don't know when he's played. 

A stewards enquiry can be used if you admit you meant to say he “was” shocking rather than he “is” shocking.

Archived