onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Bolton Wanderers

Fosse69

Advert

9 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Apologies if it's been mentioned already. I tried to look on the vale media pages but didn't find it but what's the situation with bringing bottles of water in if they have lids on ? I know they normally give you a bottle without the cap in the ground. Think it's too hot for a bovril sadly ! 

You can take a plastic water bottle with the lid on. 
(but not a water bottle like you’d take to a gym / office…if you know what I mean). 

Bottled Drinks

Due to the expected hot weather, the club are allowing supporters to bring in their own bottled soft drinks but please be aware of the following:

• Only soft drinks and bottled water will be allowed.
  • The drinks have to be sealed at the point of entering the stadium. 
  • Reusuable/insulated/gym bottles will not be allowed in the stadium.
  • No Cans/Tins will be allowed into the stadium.

Half Time in the Railway Paddock

For this match the Staffordshire University Fanzone will reopen at Half Time for supporters in the Railway Paddock to get refreshments.

Alcohol, Soft Drinks and Food will be available.

2 hours ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Bad ball to pett I though put him right under pressure I’ve said it before he is a great shot stopper but there is mistakes in him unfortunately 

I thought at the time it was 90% Stone's fault. Watching it back their press was very good all game and due to the pace of 3 or 4 players (particularly the leftback) they were able to start the press as the ball was being kicked. If we want to play the ball out from the back (which we do), there pressing game was very effective as players who looked free were closed down by the time the ball arrived. Pett had someone closing but still over a metre away when he passed the ball into the net. He had time to do better. The real stupidity was why did Jones pass the ball back from the free kick in the first place. There were 2 Rothermam forwards between him and the goalkeeper. There number 12 would have been 3 metres offside if they had passed the ball forward. It was 3 poor mistakes, but Jones started it off with a headless back pass which put Stone under pressure and the best he could have done was hoof it forwards; from a far worse position in the field than the initial freekick. He never even really looked behind him before kicking the ball.

Fantastic day weather wise but for England it's too hot. Clubs throughout English league's will this weekend take waterbreaks at roughly twenty minute mark. For up to three minutes as temperatures over 30c stipulate that. The health and safety of all players is paramount. I have also seen on this forum are Bolton Wanderers a BIG CLUB answer is NO. I have followed both Bolton where my family originates since I was a kid and now I am 59. I have followed Vale's fortune's since I moved to the Stafford area in mid 70's and adopted Vale as my second club. I am a member at both clubs. In the late 70's and early 80's Bolton's home gates averaged about 4,500. When the glory years came along the attendances rocketed to average over 20,000. 

As a grassroots football referee I know only about six to twelve professional matches throughout the season. Last week I watch Shrewsbury 0 Accrington Stanley 1. Admission £22 decent game. Accrington played well first class keeper. Referee Andrew Haines made horrendous mistake sent off Shrewsbury centre half Sam Flanagan quickest two yellows ever witnessed two yellows in literally ten seconds. For throwing Accy player to the deck. Shrewsbury elbowed Tommy Leigh from Accy and got NO CARD. Monday review Shrewsbury keeper now banned. 

Port Vale 1 Bolton Wanderers 1. Right result for my two favourite teams. Everyone stay safe and enjoy the game.

36 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

Bolton guys having beers in Biddulph. Whatever the police regime wanted to happen clearly hasn’t. 

Stupid idea by the police, how are they going to police a 10 mile radius?. Should have just said no drinks in Burslem center.

1 hour ago, valefan16 said:

Couple of Bolton fans refused beer in fan zone. Seems a bit ott by the police as they weren’t bothering anyone.

May be the case we get the favour returned in away games with that policy.

Mad really. Always get the <ovf censored> fans for every side so no idea why we have singled these out? Suppose it will be the same against Sheffield and derby? Very ott when nobody is bothering anyone. 

Archived