onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton Tickets

Coyney Valiant

Advert

Just a little bit of a disappointment of the day, was that I tried to get tickets in the Lorne street for todays game on Monday. It showed sold out, besides the odd single ticket here and there.

Got tickets in the paddock in the end, but looking at the Lorne st stand there was a lot of available seats which was quite annoying.  Maybe due to safety. Not sure why ,as the Lorne street should be up to standard?

First time in (I cant remember) when I haven't been able to get tickets in the Lorne Street.

Need to get the Hamil end up and running for home fans ASAP In my humble opinion

I don't where to post this. This thread looks as good as any other. 

I'm not sure exactly what Staffordshire Police said precisely in relation to recommending / demanding that Bolton supporters don't go in any pubs within 10 miles of Vale Park. They are acting unreasonably, under Wednesbury principles, in that statement for several reasons.

- They are harming businesses clearly out of relevant area for control of a football match. For example, a group of Bolton fans want to go for lunch in a pub pre match and are clearly not set on anything other than a social occasion. 

- 10 miles would include places in Cheshire which are outside the jurisdiction of Staffordshire Police. 

- Blanketing all Bolton fans as potential hooligans who mustn't be allowed to drink is an insufficient refinement of policing strategy which should be efficiently targeted on identified risks. 

But aside from these issues I noticed something else much more concerning today. That is there were a very large number of white male police officers and a few white female officers policing outside the ground. I reflect back on previous games where I now think the same about those; but to be fair I wasn't paying attention. But today I am concerned there could be an issue with systemic racism in the Staffordshire Police. It does not seem to reflect at all the diversity of the local community. 

I guess I have to accept that I don't have objective stats in front of me. But that was the impression I have formed and I'm going to look at in games going forward. I don't live in Staffordshire and so I don't see Police everyday. 

43 minutes ago, Santa said:

I don’t think the rules of boxing have anything to do with it.

Wednesbury principles concern the unreasonable behaviour of the state authorities. Warren is making a serious and important point.

Edit: Not having a go at Santa in particular here, but the responses in general don't seem to understand the seriousness of this infringement of individual liberty.

On 13/08/2022 at 22:37, Santa said:

I don’t think the rules of boxing have anything to do with it.

My apologies for not explaining this properly before. This particular law case is something I needed to contemplate loads and loads of times during my career. It is deeply embedded in my mind.

On 13/08/2022 at 21:43, Warren said:

I don't where to post this. This thread looks as good as any other. 

I'm not sure exactly what Staffordshire Police said precisely in relation to recommending / demanding that Bolton supporters don't go in any pubs within 10 miles of Vale Park. They are acting unreasonably, under Wednesbury principles, in that statement for several reasons.

- They are harming businesses clearly out of relevant area for control of a football match. For example, a group of Bolton fans want to go for lunch in a pub pre match and are clearly not set on anything other than a social occasion. 

- 10 miles would include places in Cheshire which are outside the jurisdiction of Staffordshire Police. 

- Blanketing all Bolton fans as potential hooligans who mustn't be allowed to drink is an insufficient refinement of policing strategy which should be efficiently targeted on identified risks. 

I noticed that the wording of the statement was very carefully put, in the way that Parking Charge Notices rather than Penalty Charge Notices do. The police knew very well that they couldn't enforce any such nonsense. Wouldn't they have had to apply for a Section 60 or similar?  - and they are unneeded and inappropriate for football matches.

Before the match hundreds of Bolton fans were marched down the road from the smallthorne roundabouts to burslem centre,  along park road and finally down Hamil road. Didn't see them after the game,  so were they dropped at the old crafty cockney pub, coaches went to the ground and straight off afterwards I wonder.

6 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Before the match hundreds of Bolton fans were marched down the road from the smallthorne roundabouts to burslem centre,  along park road and finally down Hamil road. Didn't see them after the game,  so were they dropped at the old crafty cockney pub, coaches went to the ground and straight off afterwards I wonder.

There was two Stanton’s of Stoke busses that were in the convoy of Bolton coaches, I presumed they were taking the fans to Stoke station.

There was some farcical policing around those Stanton's coaches (I always assume they're the ones the police put on from Stoke station for away fans arriving there).

Basically, instead of pulling the buses onto the 'gated compound' behind the Hamil, they simply pulled them over on Hamil Road and let the couple of hundred or so Bolton fans out there. Naturally, those travelling by train and then being ferried in by the Police are more likely to be younger lads, fueled with drink and drugs, looking for a bit of aggro. Many of them then marched in the wrong direction, towards the fan zone acting like total idiots. This didn't go down particularly well with a few Vale fans and there was some verbals. In the olden days there'd have been a nice little riot, but thankfully nowadays the kids prefer posturing to punching. And all of this whilst the Police were cluelessly standing on the wrong side of the Hamil. 

Complete incompetency from the Police as usual, but another reason why away fans should be nowhere near the Hamil and annexed off to the Bycars. The same will happen when we play Wednesday and Derby (if we haven't moved home/away by that point).

1 hour ago, jjvale_03 said:

There was some farcical policing around those Stanton's coaches (I always assume they're the ones the police put on from Stoke station for away fans arriving there).

Basically, instead of pulling the buses onto the 'gated compound' behind the Hamil, they simply pulled them over on Hamil Road and let the couple of hundred or so Bolton fans out there. Naturally, those travelling by train and then being ferried in by the Police are more likely to be younger lads, fueled with drink and drugs, looking for a bit of aggro. Many of them then marched in the wrong direction, towards the fan zone acting like total idiots. This didn't go down particularly well with a few Vale fans and there was some verbals. In the olden days there'd have been a nice little riot, but thankfully nowadays the kids prefer posturing to punching. And all of this whilst the Police were cluelessly standing on the wrong side of the Hamil. 

Complete incompetency from the Police as usual, but another reason why away fans should be nowhere near the Hamil and annexed off to the Bycars. The same will happen when we play Wednesday and Derby (if we haven't moved home/away by that point).

I don't understand why don't just keep them I'm for 10 minutes. 

Or would they risk being sued by some human rights lawsuit !! 

Archived