onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: EFLC1 Port Vale v Rotherham United

Fosse69

12 hours ago, smithie said:

You're only insane for buying a ticket, because there'll be about 4000 in attendance so no need to worry about getting in. 

Otherwise, that's normal behaviour.

Liz Truss is coming to West Kirby near where we live on Wednesday. I can go and meet her, but then I could not get to the Rotherham game in time. Ok Rotherham it is, I know that is an irresponsible attitude in such serious times, but what the heck.

Advert

4 minutes ago, Warren said:

Liz Truss is coming to West Kirby near where we live on Wednesday. I can go and meet her, but then I could not get to the Rotherham game in time. Ok Rotherham it is, I know that is an irresponsible attitude in such serious times, but what the heck.

I'm not sure with what degree of satire this comment has been posted with

Rotherham's game v Coventry yesterday was postponed. That means they have a significant physical advantage and we must put a team out that can match them. We are being challenged on many fronts with players coming back from injury, signed players needing a game, got thrashed last weekend and need to sign more players. But I don't believe we can just throw away this game with an experimental team. We should play the best team we can muster and give it a serious go. Not long ago we beat Burnley who went on to have a long spell in the Premier League. Rotherham are a Championship / League 1 yo yo club. So they are good, but not that good and we have got a reasonable chance even if we are underdogs. 

6 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

I'm not sure with what degree of satire this comment has been posted with

No satire at all. She is coming to West Kirby and as a Tory party member I have to choose because I could go to her meeting. At the moment I'm going to the hustings meeting in Manchester virtually. But that is not the same thing as seeing her up close. 

21 minutes ago, Warren said:

Rotherham's game v Coventry yesterday was postponed. That means they have a significant physical advantage and we must put a team out that can match them. We are being challenged on many fronts with players coming back from injury, signed players needing a game, got thrashed last weekend and need to sign more players. But I don't believe we can just throw away this game with an experimental team. We should play the best team we can muster and give it a serious go. Not long ago we beat Burnley who went on to have a long spell in the Premier League. Rotherham are a Championship / League 1 yo yo club. So they are good, but not that good and we have got a reasonable chance even if we are underdogs. 

The game is on a Wednesday with a then very quick turnaround to the Saturday in the league. Frankly the Bolton game is of far higher importance than this. Of course it'd be great to win both but realistically unless someone is telling me Wilson is going to play Saturday with one proper forward available this one has to be the sacrificial lamb. Can work on some other stuff in this game such as the defensive side, that fourth goal on Saturday irritated me more than anything as that was a lack of effort. I don't think DC lets that happen again.

18 minutes ago, Warren said:

Have to say I’m very surprised by your decision.  You should be there doing your best Jonathan Gullis impression.  I’m very confident that if you shout “Up the bloody Vale! you’ll get a loud reciprocal response from Lizzy.  After all it’s fairly standard practice now for Tory MP’s given half a chance, so you’d have to think any self respecting potential future PM would see it as a great PR opportunity, whilst, from our  own point of view, giving the club far greater publicity than us thrashing Rotherham in some tin pot cup first round fixture.  Sort yourself out man.  Priorities, and all that.

22 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Think Rotherham not playing today will mean they will play a very strong 11 and not make many changes, they are not likely to want to go 2 weeks in between matches especially early on in the season, if they had been playing, think they would have made lots of changes.

Good point. 

42 minutes ago, Warren said:

No satire at all. She is coming to West Kirby and as a Tory party member I have to choose because I could go to her meeting. At the moment I'm going to the hustings meeting in Manchester virtually. But that is not the same thing as seeing her up close. 

If they play like they did Saturday I would suggest that both options would be equally as painful.

Although I think I would rather watch the vale lose 99-0 than go to see Liz Truss up close, It would also make me less angry! But obviously that's your prerogative, I'm not going to discuss politics on a match thread, however.

Seems the Millers are to rotate after their only game of the season, or save the stars for Saturday against Reading?
I'm sure they, like us, have more interest in maintaining their league standing rather than progressing in a cup competition where either of us are likely to go too far.
Having said that they may think they have enough in reserve to beat us as they will be expecting us to rest some of our first team in readiness for Bolton just 3 days later.
No wonder there's not much enthusiasm given it's lowly standings.

Sent from my SM-G930F using onevalefan mobile app

I'm sure they, like us, have more interest in maintaining their league standing rather than progressing in a cup competition where either of us are likely to go too far.
Having said that they may think they have enough in reserve to beat us as they will be expecting us to rest some of our first team in readiness for Bolton just 3 days later.
No wonder there's not much enthusiasm given it's lowly standings.

Sent from my SM-G930F using onevalefan mobile app

Too early in the season, starting the competition in early Sept would be better, or using it for match prep is more useful.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Very unlike me I've nothing but apathy and a 'meh' attitude about this game.

Maybe the fact I just spent 250 quid on weekend in Exeter after also managing to break my phone whilst drowning my sorrows.

In all seriousness the match is a massive inconvenience whilst the squad is so ravaged. No way can play Proctor but I have no valid suggestion as a replacement. 

What a sign of the times. Injury ravaged two weeks into the season. Releasing injury prone players and signing injury prone players and unfit players.

Not caring about a cup which used to be prestigous. The FA need a re think here. The League Cup should be scrapped in my opinion. Or ban the top two leagues from entering and call it the Autoglass or something wacky. Then the other redundant cup call it the developement cup or something. How it is going now, I would 90% couldnt give a fudge about the league cup.

Archived